Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Frankthetank

2 speed kick back hub, which performs better?

I love my '63 schwinn typhoon but the single speed rear hub is horrible. I'll go around the block and be dying by the time I'm back home. I'm wanting to upgrade it to a 2 speed kick back hub but I'm debating if I should go with a rebuilt schwinn red band unit or a new sturmey archer one. Does...
  2. Frankthetank

What's going on here?????

Why's the name at the top of the page say fattirebikes and not ratrodbikes?
  3. Frankthetank

Where can I find this edge trim?

Anyone know where I can buy this stuff? I tried this website(http://www.svc.com/trim-7.html) but they're sold out or something and have been for the longest time. I need it to run on my schwinn tank to keep it from scuffing up my bike frame. Thanks guys
  4. Frankthetank

Bike decals:water vs vinyl

Whats the difference and which is better? I've used water on my typhoon and think it looks ok at best because of the border around each one that you have to live with even after its dry.
  5. Frankthetank

New bicycle sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ0Sazr9 ... ata_player Rofl
  6. Frankthetank

S7 single speed to bendix two speed swap question

Hey guys im kind of sick of my typhoons original single speed rear hub(mounted on original s7s)to hard, slow peddling. I was wondering if a two speed kick back would fit on that wheel without any problems.
  7. Frankthetank

Schwinn headset question

I know schwinn used alot of specialized stuff that was schwinn specific like botom brackets but how about headsets? I have a typhoon that needs one but I'm not sure if I can just walk into my lbs and get one from them or special a headset that fits only schwinns, thanks for your time.
  8. Frankthetank

Suggestions for a good front basket

Anyone know who makes a good, not to big chrome front basket for a schwinn middleweight? Most of the ones I see are huge and probably wouldn't look good on my typhoon. Any suggestions?
  9. Frankthetank

Schwinn chain guard decal advice anyone?

Im bout to slap mine on after finally having my guard powder coated, only the Water decal is long! It's for a '63 typhoon. Anyone done it before, have any advice? Don't want to screw it up as its pretty long in length.
  10. Frankthetank

Anyone here drive forklift as a job?

I finally got a job after two years of not being able to find anything in a warehouse doing fork lifting after almost ten years of not having done this type of work. Can someone please explain to me how to fill a forklifts propane tank step by step please? This would help me out a great deal...
  11. Frankthetank

REDOING A SCHWINN "s" SEAT

What kind of tape can I use that bends easily to mask off half the seat for painting?
  12. Frankthetank

S7 tire question

Does 26 x 2 X 1 3/4 fit s7 also? There is a few vendors on eBay that sell these as s7 tires though I thought s7 was 26 x 1 3/4
  13. Frankthetank

Original schwinn headlamp

So after having my new expensive piece of junk chrome head light take a dump I'm wondering just how rare og schwinn headlights are from back in the '60s- early'70s(I think). I've seen a few on here it's a chrome one with a big black button in back.
  14. Frankthetank

New cruiser light quit working

I bought a chrome tear drop shaped cruiser light for my bike(kruzer king brand light)the thing has hardly been used since I bought it and it stopped working. At first I thought it was just the batteries even though I haven't hardly used it in the three months I've had it so I changed them twice...
  15. Frankthetank

Schwinn s7 single speed cog replacement

I took my schwinn typhoon single speed into the bike shop to have the rear wheel fixed. The bike was super sluggish due to the original s7 single speed wheel (and likely all 280 lbs of me)so they were going to add a larger cog to it. Upon arriving to pick it up they told me they were unable to...
  16. Frankthetank

Schwinn speedster question

Whats a good price to pay or rather what can I expect to pay for an early '70s schwinn diamond frame speedster single speed in descent condition? I'm thinking of getting one as my next bike hopefully a campus green :mrgreen:
  17. Frankthetank

Schwinn bottom bracket question

Does anyone know if an old 60s schwinn cruiser bottom bracket is schwinn specific? I called a few diff bike shops in the area, 2 wanted $15-20 while one said $6. One of the more expensive said it was schwinn specific or something like that leading me to believe only certain type will fit...
  18. Frankthetank

Need some advice on a sluggish, hard peddling schwinn

My typhoon is pretty hard to peddle. I'll ride it around the block and it will have me tired out. I understand it's an old, steel single speed bike but I highly doubt that's the way it was meant to be. When I was redoing the bike, I took apart the rear hub and couldn't figure out how to put it...
  19. Frankthetank

Schwinn wheels and fitment question

Is there a difference between schwinn s2's and regular 26x2.125 wheels? Also I'm thinking of adding some 26x2125 wheels n tires to my 63 typhoon, it has the stock front fork. Would they fit on there? I also would need a bigger set of fenders I think, would those fit on there as well?
  20. Frankthetank

What type of reflector on 63-64 schwinn

Does anyone know what the rear fender reflector mounted on 63-64 schwinn typhoons would of been or have any pics? I've always liked the teardrop ones with the big white "s" but I don't think that's stock for my typhoon.
Back