Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

One Trippy Mead Ranger, but what year?

One of the results of some recent "Spring Safaris" has been this psychedelicious old Mead Ranger bike. Black light paint, man - pretty far out. The serial is scratched off, suggesting a nefarious past - and that might have been my best clue as to what year this is. I would be grateful for any...
  2. B

Your thoughts on enhanced patina techniques

I know there's a wide range pf opinions on patina vs paint, clear coat vs wax only, etc. To me, valid points are made by all sides, as long as it is approached mindfully. To delve a bit deeper in the matter, I'd like to get some opinions and ideas about enhancing patina with subtle (or not)...
  3. B

Another mysery to me - "Radar Navigator"

Another estate sale mystery, maybe somebody knows something, or at least find it an interesting data point. Anyone ever seen a bike branded as Radar? Or model name navigator? I sure haven't, but the chain guard and tank decals are pretty cool - the bike is in really good shape, too. Probably...
  4. B

Stella, with tank and crown motif (Ah, so it's a Stelber)

I have never heard of "Stella" branded bikes, and the only info on that name is French racing bike. The tires are from Germany. Anyone here ever seen one of these? Probably just re-branded, but from which manufacturer? The color is much nicer in real life - more saturated, and goes with the...
  5. B

Un-badged bike - Roadmaster?

It has the nicest patina mix of bluish/greens and rust, but am curious as to year and make. This is one of those "I would never paint that" bikes for me, so maybe a clear coat. Any ideas are welcome as well, so feel free to speculate.
  6. B

Greetings, fellow lovers of bikes with character

My name is Charles, and I am a graphic artist/electronic musician located in the DFW sprawl in Texas. The bongo prophets were a group I created some years ago, and I always liked the name... My partner and I have been freelance/underemployed for decades, and that gives us little money, but a lot...
Back