Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

(WITHDRAWN) Rat Rod Spaceliner Trike "The Trashliner Trike"

Yeah, I'm at 71st and Yale. I'll take a look at what you have, when you have time.
  2. O

(WITHDRAWN) Rat Rod Spaceliner Trike "The Trashliner Trike"

Guessing you sold this? I'm in Tulsa.
  3. O

Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle - Re-engineered as a Trike

Kinda sad but I accepted his offer - he's paying tonight and picking it up on the 29th. So then, it's on to my next build. I am thinking of moving over to the Axis and as long as the guy who has the bike I need calls me back I'll do one of these German Army bikes next:
  4. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle Well, I picked up the gum wall S6's I needed and here is the final mock-up before I either sell it to the guy who made the offer or tear it down and give it its final paint job.
  5. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle I have a buyer for this bike as is but I don't quite feel like stopping the build just yet so I am going to head out to get the few final pieces so I can ride this thing around the block - will post some final pics a little later today.
  6. O

Double Nickle vs. Udall Custom Bikes Finished Bikes

I'm going to have to say Udall - since I grew up in Derby.
  7. O

Armed services bike build challenge!

I missed the challenge too but here's the one I have posted elsewhere on this site.
  8. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle So, at the moment this service bike has transformed into a service trike. I kinda like it and it puts to use the Joannou Trike with its front hub brake I've been sitting on. Not Pictured: Rear Basket. Front Delta Winner Headlight.
  9. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle I noticed that, that's too bad.
  10. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle Okay, I am through my radiation and chemo and I'd say fully recovered so it is time to get back to work on this build. I will see where I am with it and start back up on it. More pics coming soon.
  11. O

Armed services bike build challenge!

Same here, just about finished up with it: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46812
  12. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle Left to do: Re-cover the seat. Make tool bag. Military Designation hanger. Decide on which wheels and fenders I am going to go with.
  13. O

Bare Metal Build Off

The Hawthorne is in the builds forum. I'll start a thread later but here is a very early rough draft to see what I will be working with. ”Bare Metal Cheater”:
  14. O

Bare Metal Build Off

What is the time line on this? Once I finish the Hawthorne to WWII Service Bike build, I may jump on this. Pictures later, but I will be doing a huffy cheater slick / bare metal / to 26 inch full size stretch type cruiser-esque build.
  15. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle With most of the parts in and olive drab in place, the final assembly has begun.
  16. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle With everything on the way, the correct olive drab coloring has begun.
  17. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle Seat acquired. I suppose I should point out that I am doing a full rattle can dress-up first, to ensure the desired final product, and will then be disassembling the bike to get its permanent powder coating.
  18. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle Torrington bars located. Possible alternate set of fenders located. Delta winner in the mail. Truss rods in the mail. I will be hand making the leather seat pack, air pump and military designation bar hanger. Still needing: Hairpin seat.
  19. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle Permanent front wheel in place.
  20. O

Re: Hawthorne to WWII Service Bicycle As she sits tonight, waiting on the fenders (already have), truss rods and delta winner (in the mail) and hairpin seat (still need). Wheels are temporary. The last minute addition of the 3 speed with suicide shifter is permanent. Still needed...
Back