Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. viking

Pre Rat

A friend and I built this replica of an 1819 Denis Johnson designed hobby horse, one of the first bicycles. If you look up Denis Johnson hobby horse you could get a lot more info on these and others like them. It was a fun project and we hope to donate it to a local museum.
  2. viking

let me see those suicide shifter bicycles

Here"s one I built awhile back. I sold it last summer, but that just gives me an excuse to build another ( like I need I reason to start a new project ) I took a scull head shifter knob you could get at a auto parts store, then I drilled and tapped Holes for the spikes. The base part of the...
  3. viking

Skulls & spikes

Hey Gritter, Welcome to the forum, you'll see a lot of cool bikes on here and it should inspire you to come up with something cool yourself. The wheels and tires came from a place in California called Choppers U S. The tires are called cool cats , I'm not sure what brand the wheels are . You...
  4. viking

frame dimensions???

Sounds like you already have some good advice and ideals from some of the more seasoned builders but I'd like to add my two cents if I could. Before making a jig, I would get all the components together,( seat, handle bars, wheels & tires, ect. ) then build your jig putting these parts in the...
  5. viking

Skulls & spikes

Thanks for the nice comments. Dr. Tankenstein, deorman is correct about raking a springer fork, it changes the leverage angle of the axle. On some of the old school springer fork choppers you would see a longer bottom bracket pushing the axle out a little farther giving it more leverage making...
  6. viking

****FINALLY DONE****

There is some what of a build thread on my bike , but it's about 8 pages back in bike builds (I started this awhile ago). I built the shifter out of rolled 1/2" aluminum rod, I found the scull head shifter knob at the local auto parts store. I added the spikes. There is no kickstand. The paint...
  7. viking

Skulls & spikes

[/img][/img][/img]
  8. viking

Strech it out !!!! let's see streches !!!

Here's my version.
  9. viking

****FINALLY DONE****

Everyone probably forgot about this one.
  10. viking

almost done

Sorry this is not finished yet. I still haven't ordered a rear tire for this bike, I sometimes get envolved in another project while waiting for parts , but if I haven't ordered the part I will have a long wait (ha ha ). And I'm sure I'm the only one that has more than one project going at a...
  11. viking

post your jockey shifters

Here's the one I modified.
  12. viking

almost done

Thanks Steve for the link to Firewalkers work- I'M VERY IMPRESSED and now you got me thinking. I like the width and comfort of this seat but I'm not sold on the racing stripe.
  13. viking

almost done

Travis-Thanks for the offer , if I can't find what I'm looking for I will take you up on that. By the way your build is coming together quite nicely,can't wait to color on it, color really does sat the mood.
  14. viking

almost done

Thanks for the nice words. I had fun building this bike(a few challenges but that just makes you more creative). And your right about looking at things differently, there's a recycle place I stop by pretty often and just look around for inspiration and it's kinda cool to give some of that stuff...
  15. viking

the Blue Bomber

Looks cool already, but where are you going to put the crank?
  16. viking

almost done

Yes the spikes did come from the leather supply store in town, but the tube ends are kind of a cone/spike shaped acorn nut. I would still like to find or make spikes to match the rest of them only bigger to match the size of the tubes they would go in.
  17. viking

Nirve ...... whitewalls on "Rockabilly Boogie"

Re: Nirve **** whitewalls on "Rockabilly Boogie" That ride was just begging for whitewalls, looks great.
  18. viking

almost done

I'm about 5' 10'' tall so I guess I'm average height. I rode this bike around the block before I tore it down for paint and it was comfortable and was easy to pedal, I'm pleased with the results on this one. It looks a little longer in the pictures.
  19. viking

almost done

Here's a few more pics of it going together . I'm still waiting on a different rear tire and I need to finish up the chain tensionor, hook up the shifter and move this one into the bike gallery.
  20. viking

almost done

I just re-cleared the frame Friday at work so I will have to wait until Monday to start putting it together, but it won't take long because I assembled and pre fit everything before i painted the frame.I still need to find some bigger spikes for three spots on the frame. Maybe Tuesday.
Back