Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

360+ Miles on a Tallbike

I rode my tallbike on the Dalmac bike tour last week, I was on the 5 day U.P. route that went from East Lansing to Sault Ste. Marie over the Mackinac Bridge, I made it up all the hills. Someone took a vid of me in the U.P. They even called me a gentleman...
  2. G

Need Help ID an old plastic model kit

I got this many years ago and never did know who made it or anything about it. It is made of chrome plastic except for the skull, there was a spike on top of the helmet that held the parts together. I cast this one from the plastic parts out of aluminum and just painted some of it. Anyone have...
  3. G

300 miles on a tallbike

I rode the DALMAC bike tour last weekend my 13th one, this year I rode my tallbike on the 4 day East. getting ready to leave Lansing bike shop in Coleman a big cow in Elsie Hartwick Pines I need to make a bike out of these wheels Sunday afternoon at the bridge There were a lot of crazy...
  4. G

4th of July Junkyard tour

Scrapyard Ron lead us to a place that was, as my daughter said "Gee Dad this is just like home". So glad they cleaned up the place for our tour! theres a spitfire hanging in the "bird house" a Mattel in one of the semi trailers Hiawatha, watch where yer walking, don't mind the bees escape...
  5. G

giant seat post

I started taking this old colson wings goodyear apart, the seat was way up, I didn't know there was 10 inches in the frame
  6. G

What is this?

I went over to a guy's barn and there are some bikes I wondered what this one is ? The headbadge is painted over and the mud in there is bad I sank to my ankles just to take a pic of it. I did get a couple bike out of there, they are up against the wall in this picture 1 boys western...
  7. G

Help ID a odd Raleigh 6 speed maybe 9

I was given a few bikes yesterday and this one is a little different, it is a six speed. It has a 3 speed hub with a 3 cog derailler.Maybe it's a nine speed . It's a Raleigh Superbe, nice leather brooks saddle, and a dynohub light system. Anyone know something about this bike? thanks for any help
  8. G

Cool old sidehack

This last weekend, Friday 29th, I went on a 411 mile bike trip to the UP. At a yard sale there was a bunch of bikes for sale, the hack was the coolest one. I didn't look at the prices on the regular bikes, but the hack was $125. the one next to it was $75. the hack had a busted pedal.
  9. G

Madisons Minispin

Last week wife said I need to build a spincycle for the grandkids this is why, Madison was determined to ride, but couldn't reach the pedals I took a wheel off this, 12" under construction next to the big one this one fits now I need to make another one for Bree
  10. G

The truck bike

I had been looking for a cycle truck for awhile, and at the Ann Arbor swap I picked up a worksman clunker, close enough.. It was in the space next to me, I asked about it and watched it sat all day . Its a real heavy duty bike, the rims are 1/8" thick! Back home disection to bare frame I...
  11. G

Lots of bikes at Hershey

My son and I went to the Hershey swapmeet last week. Rollfast tandem spaceliner and tandem typhoon 1897 2 speed shaft drive Columbia Shelby There were so many nice bikes, and a lot of neat motorcycles. original boardtrackers rat scooter
  12. G

flat tanker

I got this bike several years ago and haven't done anything with it except strip off the damaged parts. The rear wheel was half rotted away and the crank had one arm broken off. It is a Mead Ranger, made in Chicago probably in the 1920's. It was found in a barn in the U.P. of Michigan.
  13. G

Old Race Bike

This old race bike needs some tires. It's a Delye fixed track bike, the tires are single tube 1 X 28 glue ons . Bike was made in Grand Rapids Mich. I have had this bike for 25 years and don't know much about it's history. My brother in law gave me a couple slicks to make another big tire...
  14. G

Cold Schwinn

Oops I left my bike behind the barn, it rained then got real cold...
  15. G

Barn find

I had an old guy stop by today, he wanted to trade me some T parts, so I go over to his place for a look. The parts weren't that special, and we were talkin I asked got any old bikes? "Yeah, out in the barn" So I got eyeful I had my camera in my pocket there were more than I could pics of, he...
  16. G

Something different

This was posted over at BKN. I got lost watching the vids on the tube: Bike kill, St. Ratricks day, tallbike jousting with flaming lances. http://www.chopperbicycle.net/forums/sh ... yfakething
  17. G

funny bikes

you've prabably seen this site some of the vids are cool i think this is for the civilian types. http://funnybicycles.50webs.com/index.html
  18. G

Gotavan

Hello. I started riding bicyles when I was just a kid in kindergarten 1956, I still have that bike somewhere, girls 20" Hiawatha. I collect a lot of things, bikes tractors cars vans motorcycles, its my parents fault both are packrats.So I guess I'm the firstborn rat, I have 5 younger sisters. I...
  19. G

The Unridden

This project was built because I heard about a bike that was at a nascar race that people were paying to try to ride. Seems that they were offering $100. to anyone that could ride the thing 10 feet. I thought I would build one to practice on, and if I ever run into someone doing this I would...
  20. G

The Monster

I built this last summer I spent a week making the back wheel , then in a frenzy I cut and welded the rest in one Sat. I rode it in a few parades, its a gas to ride, I get chased all over town by kids on stunt bikes.
Back