Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Missing Link

Quill style seat post

I've done that as well, but this is a bike for my father-in-law, who was born in 1947, so I'm trying to give him a ratty version of his bike when he was a kid
  2. Missing Link

Quill style seat post

I'm looking for a for a quill style, self tightening seatpost, it's for a late 50's Evans built Hiawatha if that helps, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Missing Link

Shipping a bike to an APO

Mrs. Link biking West Africa!
  4. Missing Link

Thanks. I got additional info on the bikes they have and they're single speed Mongoose fat bikes. The two that are down have flat tires and gunked up chains, the sand there is like red baby powder. What I'll likely do is instead of sending bikes I'll send tools and tubes and likely a work stand...
  5. Missing Link

Does anyone out there have experience shipping a bike to a military APO? My wife is currently depoyed to West Africa and the base she's at has 3 bikes 2 of which are not in working order. I was planning on buying a few single speed cruisers and shipping them over but I'm having a hard time...
  6. Missing Link

☆El Green Go☆1968 Schwinn Panther☆

Although I've been finished with this build since June, I never posted a finished thread because I never got around to taking pictures. So earlier today when I went for a ride I got some pics along the trail, so here it is in all its finished glory.
  7. Missing Link

RRBBO13 ☆El Green Go☆1968 Schwinn Panther☆

I've pretty much been finished with this build since early June, at the time there was no finished builds thread, but I've been having a blast riding it. I haven't been on the forum in a while as I was having to help my brother-in-law and his family of 8 move to Australia while at the same time...
  8. Missing Link

RRBBO13 Q U O I S E

AMF, late 50s early 70s, super cool, I agree.
  9. Missing Link

Thanks for passing the knowledge folks, but I think that these grips may be just too stretched out for some bars, I guess even though they seem to all have the same outside diameter, some differ very, very, slightly. When I tried them on the Schwinn bars they were originally on they still...
  10. Missing Link

For some reason, either the Chinese riser bars being slightly off, or the grips being stretched out, even with Loctite the grips aren't staying put. So I'm rethinking the bar/grip choice, or rather thinking about doing 2 separate setups. Maybe one with the old cruiser bars and green grips with...
  11. Missing Link

The pedals and chain arrived over the weekend. I'm thinking I'm finished. Time to ride this thing while the outside temperature is still in the double digits. I'll get some finished pics up soon, but these'll have to do for now.
  12. Missing Link

RRBBO13 Lucky 13 - She's Done

Mexican blanket would look so cool with the bare metal and white tires.
  13. Missing Link

I figured I'd get a full pic of my bike and my make shift indoor bike stand, I'm not doing paint work this time around and it's already in the 90s here in San Antonio so I'm doing this in my living room for the most part, thanks, Mrs. Link for that luxury.Also my brother in law, who's moving...
  14. Missing Link

I got my black saddle today and found a cleaner straighter seat post. I think the black seat ties everything together, it's my Lebowski rug.
  15. Missing Link

Thanks OJ. That's actually an old Airline AM radio.
  16. Missing Link

RRBBO13 The Grey Goose " Finished "

That rack will look super cool with that frame, I dig that snowflake chainring as well. Nice parts!
  17. Missing Link

RRB BUILD OFF 13 SHIRTS

Got mine this afternoon. Hey look the chainrings match.
Back