Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Chips_Mahoy

1968 Huffy wheel/Belknap badged muscle bike

1968 Huffy Wheel bike/Belknap badged for Belknap Bluegrass hardware stores in Kentucky (I believe I'm saying that correctly) Believed to be 100% original but weathered. Hard to find. Chrome trim on steering wheel missing. Chrome needs re-plated or replaced, TALL orig sissy bar. Can email more...
  2. Chips_Mahoy

1965 Columbia "Playboy 88" Muscle bike

1965 Columbia "Playboy 88" 20" bike. 1 year only bike. All original except for owner swapped a Deluxe seat and sissy bar onto it. $200 obo I am located about 25 minutes west/northwest of Indianapolis close to I-65 and I-74. I have not upgraded my membership to be able to attach photos and...
  3. Chips_Mahoy

1936? Monark Silver King

Selling off my collection of bikes. I am located about 25 minutes west/northwest of Indianapolis close to I-65 and I-74. About a 2.5 drive from the windy city. 1936? Monark Siverking with modern wheels, tires, crankset, stem and older aluminum handlebars. Will throw in female frame with...
  4. Chips_Mahoy

Mother's Day surprise

After years of unsuccessful searching, I finally found the exact bike me mum had when she was a kid, and at of all places, a local Goodwill! This made for a nice Mother's Day this year. A couple years ago I did some trading for an older, green, Western Flyer middleweight for my dad since...
  5. Chips_Mahoy

Yardsale DYNO & TREK BMX

Just picked these up at a local Yardsale. I don't do BMX but figure after some cleaning and maintenance they'd be good bikes for some deserving neighborhood kids. One is a DYNO Air and the other is a TREK Sub Head. The wheels are. Mix of GT mags and Femco alloy rim w/ spokes. I don't know which...
  6. Chips_Mahoy

Doc Holliday

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Doc Holliday" A 1937 Rollfast (I think) with a 2-speed hub. This will be my last Build Off and last build for a looooooong time.
  7. Chips_Mahoy

Olds Cool got a facelift

Swapped out the cool parts I had on Olds Cool for the wheels, tires, driveline, bars and seat off another, new, sacrificial Cranbrook. Still need to ad the chain and guard. Phone doesn't look as good as it does in person:
  8. Chips_Mahoy

RRBBO-11 plan in place!

I'm just a little shocked with myself that I can say I already have a build plan! I've got the bike, wheels, tires and driveline already. Still need to decide what I'm going to do for handlebars and a saddle though. Normally I wouldn't even begin thinking about the BO until a reminder post...
  9. Chips_Mahoy

Olds Cool

The photo I really wanted to submit isn't in landscape format, so I'll try this one instead...
  10. Chips_Mahoy

Unknown Muscle Bike

This is for sale at a yard sale near me. Seller says the headbadge is too faded to read. This is the best photo they sent. Any idea what it is?
  11. Chips_Mahoy

Huffy employees confirmed to be crazy

Seriously! Why else would they put out a bike with these colors?! Orange frame, hot pink rims and brown tires......:43::43::43:
  12. Chips_Mahoy

New plate for the new bike hauler

Got my plate in today for the pickup I bought to carry my bikes around:
  13. Chips_Mahoy

Higgins longshot

I know this may be a longshot, but would anyone know what model this 24" J.C. Higgins may be? This is the only photo I have of it. Owner is offering it to me (and 2 older Schwinn lightweights) and is saying it has a Higgins Made in Germany badge. I was under the impression that the German...
  14. Chips_Mahoy

Wheel bike

Picked this up today while having my Jamis put together. Huffy Wheel Bike badged for Belknap Bluegrass Hardware out of Louisville, Kentucky. I believe it to be all original and only missing some rubber/vinyl strips on the pedals and one of the axle caps on the front wheel. It still has the...
  15. Chips_Mahoy

Is it weally a Wheel?

Just picked this up unexpectedly... Huffy Wheel Bike badged for Belknap Bluegrass Hardware out of Louisville, Kentucky. I believe it to be all original and only missing some rubber/vinyl strips on the pedals and one of the axle caps on the front wheel. It still has the bright orange piece of...
  16. Chips_Mahoy

RRB Build Off 11

I'm submitting my ideas for the name of next years Build Off; 1. BOXI 2. BOVEN 3. BOLEVEN If I think of any more I'll submit them.
  17. Chips_Mahoy

I need more votes

I don't think I can do only 3. This is rediculous!!!
  18. Chips_Mahoy

Playboy 88

Just picked this up from a local yard sale.....Columbia Playboy 88 Never heard of or seen one before. Too cool to pass up! Anyone educate me on it/them? Seat doesn't look original but I'm diggin' the layback sissybar!!
  19. Chips_Mahoy

North Boston area clubs/groups/Ratters?

A friend of mine in Methuen is picking up a sweet old Schwinn this weekend. I'm trying to get him involved with Rat Rod Biking with his 3 year old son. Does anyone know of a club or rides in the North Boston, southern New Hampshire area?
  20. Chips_Mahoy

What is this called?

What's the actual technical term and/or name for the part, seen at the bottom of the pic, that's threaded onto the axle for the shifter assembly? I want to try to find a replacement but have no idea what its called. Shifter Thingy didn't help out much on Google...
Back