Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

A pack of spandex Hipsters...

Hipsters don't wear Spandex. Lance-alikes wear Spandex. Spandex Bandits wear Spandex (uh-duh). Weight Weenies wear Spandex. Hipsters wear skinny jeans.
  2. L

Another Kabuki fixie

Is it actually going to be fixed?
  3. L

Bike Coop finds 80s Predator 1/4 flash wheels, skiptooth

Re: Tear jerker - 80s Schwinn Predator & Trek Roadie The rear triangle on that 531 should be easily replaced.
  4. L

27"frame 26"wheels

Well, they are hard to find here in Australia. I tried multiple bike shops and had to explain that I wasn't talking MTB tyres but the old kind. And I forgot to mention the even stranger Schwinn size, I knew of it, but since Schwinn didn't really sell here, I tend to skip over Schwinn specific...
  5. L

27"frame 26"wheels

I may be stating the obvious here, but just so we are clear, this is a very different size to the 26" x X.X" mountain bike size. This was a popular size for UK/Euro commuter bikes and is now common on cycle speedway bikes and wheelchairs. I found all this out by recently rebuilding a bike for my...
  6. L

supercycle avenger,raleigh fireball and the ccm marauder

Re: ccm avenger Sheldon says 20x1 3/8" has an ISO BSD of 451mm, while standard 20" BMX has a 406mm BSD.
  7. L

german oddity

8. L

Rattus Board Trackus

Wow, that is amazing. 2 questions/comments: 1: Are you the bloke who built this? 2: I've never seen a 10 speed frame with a US BB shell in Australia before. BMX and cheapo MTB bikes yes, 10 speed/racer frames no. Was that a decision you made, or was it just fate? (Or is that indeed an MTB...
  9. L

Melbourne has spawned another one!!!!

Not really, in fact if you don't break the law, you won't ever lose your license. :wink: I'm seeing more and more Melbournians ridng every day, and I'm loving it. Which suburb are you in?
  10. L

Rough Ranger

Is the crossbar on these handlebars removable, or is the goosneck a two piece?
  11. L

Super Hunter GX Sports Cruiser

I saw one in Japan, and it was SWEET, I thought it looked like a bicycle Transformer (the 80s cartoon, not the remake movie.)
  12. L

more finds

In real measurements please?
  13. L

Any Mad Max fans?

The car chase and crash parts were filmed at my dad's old work, south melbourne/port phillip council property. If you like 70's-80's OzPloitation, check out the new film "Not Quite Hollywood", with cameos by Dennis Hopper and Quentin Tarantino!
  14. L

Long Shot, The back alley bomber.

No way are those the original dropouts. My two cents would be to take it to a framebuilder to get all that nasty modern stuff removed and old style dropouts added - just to do that beauty justice.
  15. L

I met a stingy bicycle seller today

I've noticed that, unfortunately, the same people who have the drive to collect and store old stuff, like bikes or cars, often have trouble getting rid of it. It's a hoarding disorder, and it comes in degrees - most of us on the RRB board have it to some point, or we wouldn't be here. But if...
  16. L

Skull Bike Club!

Ya, I'm sure the Chopaderos came up with the "Drinking club with a bike/car/hotrod/knitting/spelunking/insert-hobby-here problem" all on their own too :roll:
  17. L

RRB SUMMER 2008 BIKE PHOTOGRAPHY

Wow, how do you survive above boiling temperature?
  18. L

Fly fishing bike? Uh,wha,oh,ah,eya.

"Outdue the other fly fishing guys at remote meets, instead of walking in........why not ride in style with a machine that no one else, has!" Outdo the other ebay seller guys at posting descriptions, instead of typing crap......why not try spell and grammar checking your post for silly errors...
  19. L

Diamond frame finds

Well, I was out scouring the local hard rubbish (kerbside collection? council cleanup? so many names, so much fun) when I spotted this old warhorse. It initially only attracted me thanks to it's 22" wheels, a rarity I try ti hold on to when I find them. But the frame has sucked me in to it's...
  20. L

TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-5/9

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/22 That looks heaps like the majority of Australian muscle bikes, in that it is lug brazed and uses cottered cranks with an english style BB - as opposed to the fillet brazed, 1pc/US BB schwinns etc. Pretty cool. How rad are off-brands?
Back