Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 1959firearrow

Anyone know whats going on over on the CABE?

So I went visit the CABE website and it says it's been hacked? Anyone else having this issue? Hope the site doesn't get messed up due to this. i know a lot of people here also use that site.
  2. 1959firearrow

multi speed skiptooth hubs?

Are there any multi speed skiptooth hubs out there or any that anyone has converted successfully? I really want more speed out of my rat but also cruise so I don't want it to be killer to pedal at low speed. I really like my skiptooth setup but just wondering if I can get something like a...
  3. 1959firearrow

Sakae SR Swan 60 Stem ? Price?

I found a Sakae SR Swan 60 Stem on a bike I recently purchased and was just wondering what these are worth? Kinda neat overall design but I'm not into Road bikes which I'm pretty sure is what these are for. Anyone have any info ? I posted a link to one on ebay that is in worse shape than mine. I...
  4. 1959firearrow

Obsidian Trip

Well just picked this up at the MLC swapmeet supposed to be a 1930s Rollfast. It is a 26 inch. My plan involves Gloss black paint and as much lace paint I can add and still be tasteful. Black and some shade of green with white lace and pinstripes, green tires, and as many cool accessories and...
  5. 1959firearrow

What fenders do people use for dual spring monark springer?

I bought a dual spring monark springer for a rat cwc build I'm doing. Anways I have yet to find a set of fenders off any of my parts bikes that work I tried some cwc fenders( with both curved and straight braces) and I tried a set of a Monark Rocket rocket with a truss rod fork. They all rub or...
  6. 1959firearrow

My finds, 5 of them. Pic heavy

So its been a long dry spell and I missed going to memory lane so I found these. 2 Schwinns(1 bf goodrich other could be either),a early lightning flyer never heard of that, and two 24 inch bikes a bf goodrich vanguard 2 and the other I dont know they have the same dropout desing some maybe the...
  7. 1959firearrow

Wanting to build a 4 stroke motor bike what motor to use?

Well after watching a few videos on the web and seeing some of the builds here I have decided I would like to build a 4 stroke motor bike. I would be using a CWC built straight bar frame. I am looking for opinions on which motors are junk and plan on buying a kit that has everything needed but...
  8. 1959firearrow

Any 26 inch balloon tire swing bikes out there?

After seeing the pro stock swing bike it got me thinking, I was just wondering if anyone has built a 26 inch balloon tire swing bike and had it work the way it should? I know they're usually based on 20 inch wheels but I don't like 20 inch bikes much and 24 inch bikes are not my cup of tea...
  9. 1959firearrow

My finds for the week CWC and other!

I have $80 between the two, The CWC Roadmaster has sadly had an odd sex change from boys to girls? :x :shock: But still a lot of good parts and I need the rear triangle to repair another project,the rims and tires to correct another bike(Allstate saftey treads!). As for the white bike I bought...
  10. 1959firearrow

Help on the id of a huffy rail and an old elign/murray?

I picked up these the other night, The one is obviously a huffy rail style bike that was originally a dark purple color and an odd chain ring, could this be a cool ghoul and I could not locate a serial number? The other one could be a Murray or and Elign possibly based on the chain ring couldn't...
  11. 1959firearrow

Scored a real stingray and an unknown

Check out these two that followed me the stingray is supposedly a 1968(BD78512) its a 3 speed! The s7 and the slick are in good shape, the slikc does have some cracking though. The other one I'm not quite sure what it is.
  12. 1959firearrow

Found another one

1940s Girls Monark Rocket The orignal paint is under there sad to see that someone did this nice set of dart lightning tires though!
  13. 1959firearrow

My finds

Hello I've been on here for a while just figured out how to post pics! Not all of these are fresh finds I guess but they're what ive found since ive been on this site more to come though! First classic Guy saw me riding the fire arrow and gave me this Before Current the For the girlfriend...
  14. 1959firearrow

hello

first post but been a member for a little bit. i love old bikes exspecially the free ones but my1959 fire arrow is my current project. love vintage cars too i have a 48 buick roadmaster.
Back