Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. PabloAntonio

70's Huffy into 30's Streamliner - Tentative name 'Aerith'

That idea for the trim is ludicrously brilliant. Now I have to fight the urge to put it on every exposed edge...
  2. PabloAntonio

Rolling Relics San Francisco Ride! Sept.4th 10am

@Mark: Maybe you're the relic. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. PabloAntonio

70's Huffy into 30's Streamliner - Tentative name 'Aerith'

Holy cow, That's gonna be one mean-looking two-wheeled machine. Love those wraparound fenders. Makes me want to do the same. And you've sold me on the Dremel, btw. I've been putting off buying one for weeks now. Payday this Friday; New Dremel Friday afternoon.
  4. PabloAntonio

La Pulga

I like the way you mounted that second saddle on the top bar. Nice execution.
  5. PabloAntonio

'64 Huffy Silver Jet

That bike's pretty gorgeous just the way it is. I'm loving the clunker design, and the chrome frame really sells it. Those WTB's really add beef to the bike, and I love the way the whole thing looks. Since you've got more of a clunker than a cruiser, maybe look at an MTB fender? Something like...
  6. PabloAntonio

Rolling Relics San Francisco Ride! Sept.4th 10am

Oh, snap. I'll be in Reno that weekend for Ribfest. I really want to meet more Bay Area riders, but I suppose it'll have to wait until the next ride. --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. PabloAntonio

What do you guys think???

Nice! I'd pick that old girl up. I've been wanting to build a step-through for my lady guests to ride when they're over visiting. If that Huffy were in the SF Bay Area, she'd be the candidate for a rebuild. --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. PabloAntonio

The Longboard

@yooth: That's a neat idea. Maybe I'll find a way to incorporate it into my next build. @mike & hogzilla: Thanks a bunch! This bike is certainly a head-turner. This single speed hub's gotta go, though. Riding it up the hill to my house is a pain, and I find myself riding my 3-speed much more...
  9. PabloAntonio

26' RUSTY cruiser

Use a caliper and measure the outside diameter of the fork you have on the bike now and the fork that you plan on installing. If they have the same OD and are both threaded or both threadless, then you'll have no problems. Going threaded to threadless or the other way around takes different...
  10. PabloAntonio

count me in...

Hey there, kababayan! Welcome to the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of projects you're gonna kick out. --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. PabloAntonio

Who throws away a 1961 Schwinn American?

My sister in law recently got her hands on a fantastic '63 American for $50 at a yard sale. Amazing what some people consider to be "junk," right?? --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. PabloAntonio

26' RUSTY cruiser

That is the junkiest pile of bolts of all time. Amazing and awesome. I love it. How long did you apply your mix of salt, water, and vinegar? Was it just a matter of holding your nose, painting it on and letting it sit? Or did you wipe it off after a short while?
  13. PabloAntonio

Semper Fi-cycle

Hey all! Just wanted to check in and say that this project is not dead in the water. I'd gotten a 80's Murray Monterey that I could butcher for this project, but a new member to RRB wanted that bike exactly the way it was. Nostalgia, I suspect, got the best of him, and he's offered up some money...
  14. PabloAntonio

1963 Schwinn

I completely agree. Already told my brother to spend some money on some repops. I'm thinking I might even offer it up here on the forum for a true collector. Anybody interested?
  15. PabloAntonio

TN Biker

There ya go. Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new, too, and I've learned there's no shortage of cool people, knowledge, and awesome ideas around here. Have fun taking that old rat and turning it into a new rat or something shiny.
  16. PabloAntonio

1963 Schwinn

It's awesome what some people are getting rid of "because it's old." I learned a bit about the bike's history. The original owner had this bike and used it as part of a payment for contractor services. The contractor got it for his daughter, thinking she'd like it for its retro look. She hated...
  17. PabloAntonio

1963 Schwinn

Oh, btw, Serial # E370874 --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. PabloAntonio

1963 Schwinn

Check this out! My sister in law got this bike for my niece. Paid $50 for it at a yard sale. Holy cow, I'm having a huge bikegasm staring at this hoss. --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. PabloAntonio

Need Help With My Nexus 3 Speed

Thanks for all the input, guys! I'm gonna see about finding an LBS with the Nexus grease in stock. I'll post an update after everything gets re-lubed. --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. PabloAntonio

(HMS Bike) New name: Car Bait 2

I want to kiss this bike. That fender is 15 different kinds of sexy, dude.
Back