Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. oldcruiser26

One of my best finds ever Vintage Paul components ATB

Vintage Paul components front and rear derailleurs Paul stop light brakes Some Shimano deer head shifters suntour xc pro shifters and crank Rock Lobster Stem Control stem Avocet sealed head set and very early Rock shox fork with pump and 2 nice bottom brackets
  2. oldcruiser26

Ross Hi tech ATB rehab

Picked this up a year or so ago I believe an 85 With the snow around this week I had some time to clean it up Finished up the leather portage strap chain stay protector and cross bar pad yesterday and took it for a ride in the snow I replaced the original crank with a nos Takagi Tourney...
  3. oldcruiser26

Finally A JMC comes my way

Been working on getting this one for a few day's I have not totally locked the date down yet but According the the previous owner he's had it since 81 to 83 he could not really remember It has been repainted he said it was originally white The only things missing from when he first got it are...
  4. oldcruiser26

found my first mountain bike

Found this at the local recycle center 1985 Sekai Mountaneer It is the first production mountain bike I ever owned Given to me for Xmas at age 13 Not a quality bike by any means but it is the beginning of my love of mountain bikes Very few of them around still because sekai bikes only lasted a...
  5. oldcruiser26

Muddy Fox

Vintage Muddy Fox Adventurer in almost pristine condition Not a high end machine but still 80s mountain bike goodness Full 4130 chromo frame and Tange fork A little small for me to ride but a nice piece for the collection at a very good price Will upgrade the component group to period correct...
  6. oldcruiser26

26 Schwinn cantilever to 700c Saturday afternoon mash up

A few shots around town of todays project A mash up of a 26 canti frame 700c single speed wheels 27 inch fenders and other random parts from around the shop
  7. oldcruiser26

Yard art Klunk

Through this together with the little lady the other night after working on another build Unknown frame 26 bmx fork Schwinn coaster wheels dogleg crank off an old Hawthorne old bmx bars schwinn saddle and some antlers I found on a ride not to long ago leather wrapped to the stem My wife is...
  8. oldcruiser26

Weekend mock up is now a roller

My wife and mother in law brought this frame to me a couple of weeks ago Found at a local recycle center Unkown canti frame with euro bottom bracket and rear brake post [/URL After a little sanding and paint remover A ride on the 87 Rockhopper Some fire roasted grub and thought Then 4...
  9. oldcruiser26

A quick Monday throw together Schwinn 26 klunk Strand BMX

Work got canceled today and I already had this put together in my head a few random parts I've had for a while and a few things I found at a garage sale not to long ago 80s Schwinn cruiser frame and fork Ukai wheels off of my 41 DX profile crank GT sprocket DK neck GT seat post and suntour...
  10. oldcruiser26

washing today
  11. oldcruiser26

1984 Peugeot mountain bike Urban Express

Pretty stoked on this one because of the componet group Picked up at a garage sale today with a Hollywood bike rack for a minimal price All original with exception of tires
  12. oldcruiser26

Latest Klunker build

Put together this weekend
  13. oldcruiser26

1988 Specialized Stumpjumper

88 Stumpy 19 dollar garage sale find Mix of XT and deore A little dusty and small but perfect for my lady Going to give it the once over and a pair of skinwall ground controls I've been holding on to
  14. oldcruiser26

70s Vista esquire

Picked this up last night for 9 bucks Going to it put on the weight loss program Drop all of the heavy steel parts the boat anchor crank and bars and add a single speed wheel set Going to keep the fenders though because there so awesome should be a quick turn around seeing how I have all the...
  15. oldcruiser26

1896 Columbia model 43 mens tandem

Found this in a neighbors backyard junk pile today
  16. oldcruiser26

1948 Columbia done for now pics

Starting with this Mostly a patina resto but may add a few new parts
  17. oldcruiser26

Flea market find Schwinn the world 24

Picked this up at a flea market on sunday for 25 bucks I bought it mainly for the brass The world head badge has a nice skip tooth set up as well Funny thing is I had traded away this 54 spitfire for a 95 Cannondale m400 just a few days earlier I'm going to use the head badge for another...
  18. oldcruiser26

Prewar Columbia

I got this from a friend today forks seemed to be a little bent but other than that pretty decent shape
  19. oldcruiser26

The Bird 600 POS ten speed with full Shimano 600 Arabesque

Picked this up a couple days ago at the local recycle center The frame is nothing special but the components are just what I needed to wake up my 41 DX klunker build I'm going to use the crank and derailer's for the klunk and the rest of the parts will go on a 72 Centurion road bike build for...
  20. oldcruiser26

1982 Schwinn Sierra rehab

I picked this one up this last summer for a few bucks and thought it deserved a rehab The first run of the sierra made from the same frames that were used for the sidewinders(varsity) Schwinn added canti mounts Suntour power thumb shifters and a tange fork This is how it was when found this is...
Back