Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Sad to say someone broke in, cut chain and rode off with it
  2. kingrider

Aluminati (feels like an abandoned amusement park in here!))

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((Strap It DowN!)) I'm holding my breath... the wait is killin' me. I hope the assembly goes smooth and on time. good luck fittin' that front tire.
  3. kingrider

Woody Henderson.........

love the simplicity, can't go wrong with black and chrome. great job, great bike
  4. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Yep, spray can. but ya gotta strip it to the metal, prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand then even more coats of color, 600 grit between coats. finished with a few more coats of clear, sanding with 2000 then it's time for the waxing Oh, and the audio on the video, I got lucky, one shot ...
  5. kingrider

Ruf'nRusty

how could i have missed that opener first time around? a necessary accessory
  6. kingrider

Tucker's Spaceliner

another fine example from Cali. and I thought I did a lot of polishing
  7. kingrider

Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***

excellence, and can get a speeding ticket while on the kickstand
  8. kingrider

Ruf'nRusty

perfect patina! and that headlamp fabulous
  9. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

I have to start off by saying while viewing all the builds on this site, I am in the presence of greatness. The talent and vision exampled in this build off #6 is incredible. Never have I seen so much style on two wheels. The concepts and craftsmanship in building the bikes here is amazing. I...
  10. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

well, took a break from this and life in general. went down to Baja Mexico for a surf trip trip for a couple weeks. when I returned I found the rims still not finished . the LBS had a problem finding long black nipples for my thicker stainless spokes and the hubs needed to be drilled out to...
  11. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Been checking out many other builds and I gotta say you guys know your stuff. Fantastic vision, concepts, workmanship, machining, Paint, pinstriping , the list goes on... And your work areas, unbelievable!, In a good way . I’m thinking my area is unbelievable also so I thought I’d toss in a...
  12. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Surprisingly not bad. Just start with a metal file for the embossed stuff then slightly on all sides to remove forging marks, about 2 minutes max. Then I went with 220 wet or dry followed by 600 followed by 2000 another couple minutes. Then the buffing wheel wheel with tripoli buffing stick...
  13. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Startin' to get really nuts here. I bought all stainless fasteners to hold the bike together (frame) and parts (seat clamp, handlebar stem etc.) on to it. But I just didn't like that they had those pesky numbers embossed on 'em. So, off they went
  14. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Still had the polishing stuff lying around so why stop at the frame. Crank, sprocket, bearings, nuts and cups needed a clean-up. The crank I had primered getting ready to paint but just ended up polishing the primer. Ended up looking just like what I was aiming for. Was lucky enough to find...
  15. kingrider

Aluminati (feels like an abandoned amusement park in here!))

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* -(((((InSta-DrrrrOp))))))!- Cruised the rest of your build post. Excellent work. Still can’t wrap my head around the fork/chair/my bike is now kneeling thing, but I know you’re going to pull it off and it’ll be ........ Funny how our choice of rims are exactly...
  16. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

Well the polishing wasn't exactly quick . Didn't punch a time clock but probably close to 14 hours total. and i skimped on the tubes. Yes, much easier with the fork off . Found a bit of rust when the fork finally separated. The bearing set seemed to solidify to the head tube. Found a perfect...
  17. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

The polishing is done on the frame. As you can see I did leave the big dings in but when it got to the point where I was worried about the scratches my soft worn out T shirt was leaving, I thought I could be done. Darn that soft aluminum. Also thought it time to drop down some parts that will...
  18. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

i took a break from the frame for a bit. you're right no easy task. so I thought I'd clean up the seat I have back in the garage cabinet . I went with a simple spring seat, no chromed springs or crash bar . . just a simple sand and paint. the back rack arrived last week . so only waiting on...
  19. kingrider

'35 silverking ... kinda

so I was able to strip that red paint and give the frame some sanding to smooth out the aluminum a bit. 220 grit with my random orbit sander followed with 320 and 400 wet or dry by hand. took out some blemishes but I'm leaving the deep scars. don't want to remove all it's personality. this is...
  20. kingrider

kingrider

tack så mycket
Back