Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. z-bikes

47 Hextube

Thanks for the compliments. If I wasn't concerned about keeping the frame original I would have drilled holes in it and hidden the wires inside the frame.
  2. z-bikes

47 Hextube

I've had this 1947 Monark Silvering Hextube laying around for about 15 years and have always planned on acquiring the needed parts to assemble it correctly. After recently acquiring the correct fork I decided to mock it up with the parts I had so far but after installing the fork I decided to go...
  3. z-bikes

springer front end info needed

It's a postwar. The prewar look similar but the springs have straight sides.
  4. z-bikes

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

To quote yoothgeye, "I just want to say that this whole vote thing has been a very humbling experience". When I started my build I like most everyone had hopes of finishing in the upper half of the vote but as I progressed I realized what I was building was much more Hot Rod than Ratrod. Even...
  5. z-bikes

Yard Ornament -7/31 AS GOOD AS IT'S GONNA GET!

Thanks for the compliment. I've had those H-bars for a long time and thought they were pretty wierd when on a bike by themselves. I was looking through my box of lights and came across the 2 matching Elgin lights and it just came to me to mount them in the drop sections of the bars. Finally a...
  6. z-bikes

I think the guard was made by Chestnut Hollow in the 80's or 90's. It was on a Twin-Flex i bought from them on ebay which not surprisingly turned out not too well. The guard is a cast piece without any rear attachment. It took a lot of work to get it to look as good as it does.
  7. z-bikes

THE YARD ORNAMENT.

Thanks for the positive comments. Bottom line is: I'm happy with it. I never thought of the comparison to a vintage camping trailer but I see what you mean.
  8. z-bikes

THE YARD ORNAMENT.

Minor scratches.
  9. z-bikes

Frightliner

This is sooo cool and unique! I really like the black and silver color scheme along with all the other custom parts EXTREMELY WELL DONE!
  10. z-bikes

THE YARD ORNAMENT.

I first came across this site in early June and was impressed by all the cool stuff going on. I had just come across this bike displayed in someones front yard and layed out 5 bux for it so I decided it might be fun to join the Build Off. Since I collect vintage bicycles I have a lot of parts...
  11. z-bikes

That's it! Enough is enough. Good enough for who it's for. Will post in the finished bikes tomorrow. Started with this: Finished with this:
  12. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/30 Sprocket Fiasco! Got my seat last week. I was going to trade parts for it but shipping costs reared it's ugly head so I just sold some stuff to pay for it. It's one of the only parts that I bought for the build with the exception of tires and grips. I'm not including...
  13. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/30 Sprocket Fiasco! Made a custom brake arm stop and worked on a kickstand to use. Started out with some 1/8" aluminum pieces, then bent them into 90's. Used some aluminum rod and gas welded them together. Crappy picture. Smoothed them out with a 1" belt sander and...
  14. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/30 Sprocket Fiasco! I have this really cool sprocket that I was planning on using. I haven't been able to find out who made it or what bike it was originally from. I sent it out in June to be replated knowing it was going to be close on whether or not I got it back in...
  15. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/25 Gooseneck Repaired I removed it from a prewar mens Schwinn. It's somewhat rare so I really wanted to preserve it. When I have more time I'll cut off the damaged part and braze on a new extension then have it plated. I believe it's a Wald #4.
  16. z-bikes

Aluminati (feels like an abandoned amusement park in here!))

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((Time To add A liTtle RaTT!))) That acorn nut should keep you from sliding off the front of the seat.
  17. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/25 Gooseneck Repaired Had a heavily pitted prewar gooseneck I really wanted to use but it was broken off and bent from trying to remove it from a badly rusted fork. You can see the bend in this shot. It's also about 3/4" shorter than it should be. Clamped it in the...
  18. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/24 New Headbadge & Chain Tensioners That's what I did for the studs that go into the top of the strut rods so I could adjust wheel centering but these nuts will just be locktited.
  19. z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/24 New Headbadge & Chain Tensioners Haven't done anything yet because they' turn so easy but locktite will be applied.
  20. z-bikes

MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

So, you've been so busy on the build that you didn't have time to take the Christmas tree down?
Back