Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

Seawall Cruiser (almost finished with mock up.)

Had a tire mishap a few days ago. Wire Bead separated from tire.
  2. H

Got the rear lights mocked up. Bottle opener
  3. H

Some parts came in. Now I can shift, steer, and brake.
  4. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Decided not to sacrifice another bike for this build off. Parts should be coming in the mail today. I really feel bad about sacrificing one bike. :cry: I just could not harm another bike during the course of this contest. More pics to follow.
  5. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Thanks. To get it done, I'm gonna have to buy more parts or "borrow" parts from another perfectly functioning bike. One of my bikes has already made "contributions" to the cause.
  6. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Threadless headset also coming along nicely.
  7. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Finally got my bottom bracket in with the crankset I wanted. I just love 52 teeth chainrings.
  8. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Yep, that's the something else I was referring to. I'm waiting for mine to come in. I hope it works out.
  9. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser I've decided that I don't like the handlebars, seat, or the one piece style crank. Tried to use a bottom bracket converter such as this one. But then I came to the conclusion that this would require too much grinding. Oh well, I'll have to try something else.
  10. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Here is another mock up showing the direction I'm trying to go. Need to work on the fit and finish of the rear fender. Also need to figure out how I'm going to shift and brake. The tires seem to be perfect.
  11. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Update time. Had to get a new fork. Had to come up with my own version of a crown race setting tool. It worked great.
  12. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser This poor bike has been giving up some of its parts for this build. I might need that crank and bottom bracket too.
  13. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Have to repost the 8 speed cassette.
  14. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Since I'm not using a coaster brake, I needed to mount a brake caliper. But, I didn't want to drill holes in the frame. I had this bottle opener from another bike build. I think I can use these pieces to mount the brakes. Maybe I should polish them again.
  15. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser I need to clean this work area.
  16. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser It might be enough. Had to turn the bike upside down to work on it. I don't have a proper work stand.
  17. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Decided to run an 8 speed cassette.
  18. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser Back to the build. Old headset out. New headset in.
  19. H

Re: Seawall Cruiser I get all kinds of stuff from sprockets. Found this Nishiki there. It was not in this condition when I found it.
Back