Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. YOUBUGME2

Brain buckets

I just got a Bern Bentwood got my first ride tonight but its light and feels lots better then the old skate style helmet I used to wear. I also like the hat visor, its removable and they make a winter insert for it to keep your head warn in the winter.
  2. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Well rode it around my block yesterday, had to do some adjustments but it rides nice. Although I need to ride it more sorta tricky to shift and turn.
  3. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Went home on my lunch break and threw it together I couldn't resist. Will take it out on a test run this afternoon, I have always ridden either a cruiser or ridden bmx. This is the first time I've been on a "road" bike so should be interesting.
  4. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

I was really happy with the way the bar wrap turned out. I've never done it before just hope it holds up when riding
  5. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Was a early fathers day present! Funny that the seat is worth more than the bike ever will be lol.
  6. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Also got the last piece of the puzzle in today
  7. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Got the bars taped up last night Took one last picture before bed, turned out the lights and it just looked cool
  8. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Have the brake lines routed, ordered a brooks saddle so should have it cruising soon pretty stoked about it. Also didn't have a seat post that fit it seems to be an odd size s took an old one split it made it larger and welded up the slice fits perfect now.
  9. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Thanks I have a thread on thesamba on the build but as of the past year very little has been done yet.
  10. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Although I like the clean look of a single speed or fixie bike, alot of my buddies go on long trecks and I will end up going on some I'm sure. So want to make something that isn't going to kill me on a pretty long ride. The gold was just a random though went and got a calligraphy paint pen...
  11. YOUBUGME2

Hawthorne bike ?

This one is still for sale and doubt it is going anywhere. Think I'm going to let it sit up for sale for as long as I can so guy will be willing to come down more.
  12. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

And the bus lets just say its a large project, was parked in late 70's and was never covered up. I've replaced a decent amount of metal but still have alot more to make and weld in.
  13. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Thanks for the kind words. I've never owned a bike with gears, all of them have been single speed cruisers. So having to figure out how to run the cables to make it as clean as I can. As far as the colors go I like the mint green and this was the closest I could find at Lowes, the painted the...
  14. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

They ended up really nice considering what they looked like before. Should stop better as well I have no finger prints left but it is all done finally, ordered me some tires last night night and now have to sort all the shifter cables out brakes and run the lines. The sun tour shifters on...
  15. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Decided it would be cool to accent the lugs with some gold Then decided to polish up the handle bars brake levers and the cranks. Messy but good results The rims are a completely different story they were scared up so decided to do the best I could with a wood block and sand paper to...
  16. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Got to come up with a name for this one but was just a 70's Japanese road bike that was given to me. Been wanting a bike to ride with some friends and one of them had this hanging in his garage. As delivered I had some paint laying around so I stripped it and started with a mint color
  17. YOUBUGME2

Hawthorne bike ?

Yeah I know girls bikes are not worth alot. The only reason I'm even wondering about this one is the springer. The person is asking WAY to much wants 100 bucks for it. I was thinking of offering 40.
  18. YOUBUGME2

Hawthorne bike ?

Another picture of it.
  19. YOUBUGME2

Hawthorne bike ?

This is listed on my local craigs list as a 50's hawthorne. Any idea of year and value, I can't find one with 2 bars in the middle or a springer like this one.
  20. YOUBUGME2

Elgin bikes

No rust in girls tank at all Boys tank is in good condition as well but the rack is missing the guys for the lights...
Back