Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. crump582

Coaster brake mag wheels

Looking for a set with a coaster brake. At least 20 inch wheels. Let me know if you have any! Black, blue, or white if possible. Thanks
  2. crump582

Show us your Cruisers with mag wheels!

I have a 50s CWC that I think I might put 20 inch mag wheels on... I'd like to see some non-bmx nikes with mags!
  3. crump582

GT Pro Performer 26

Anybody have one? I'm on the fence. Looking to get one of these or a Big Ripper. I'm 6'1 245... will I be able to cruise comfortably on a 26 inch BMX? Nothing serious, just cruise with my daughter and maybe pull her in the little trailer for a while.
  4. crump582

SE Big Ripper or Felt Rail... HELP!

I need help spending my tax refund... Any other options I should consider? I'm looking for a BMX style cruiser (prefer a more vintage look) that isn't SUPER expensive. I'm 6'1 and don't really want to be all crowded in a small bike. Thanks!
  5. crump582

Non-Factory / Homemade racks

I know this has been a topic before, but I would like to see what people have done in order to create cool / unique rear racks on their bikes. I am about to order a new cruiser... liked this Felt Jetty, but decided against it and am about to order a Worksman. I decided I only liked the Jetty...
  6. crump582

Help... opinions needed

Tried this with a black banana seat and this Schwinn seat, but not in love with either. Any ideas?
  7. crump582

Louisville, KY mayor's ride May 28th

I know there are a few people on here from this area, so hopefully I will see some folks out there. This was a fun ride through downtown last year so if you missed it come out and ride! http://www.louisvilleky.gov/HealthyHome ... ndBikeMHHM Not sure I will sport my black Rat Rod shirt as it is...
  8. crump582

My collection

Barely can call it a "collection", but it's not a "fleet" either, but here is what I have... besides the current builds and mountain bikes. Not very impressive when you can get them in one picture!
  9. crump582

So... I got a new job

Got a job as a Conductor for Norfolk Southern... anybody else on here work for the railroad?
  10. crump582

Schwinn Bearings

Thought this was a cool picture... took it while cleaning the bearings on my 59 Panther II. Thought I would share.
  11. crump582

KHS - Hot Rod

Saw this in a mountain biking mag I get... thought it was cool and that folks here might be interested. http://www.khsbicycles.com/10_hot_rod_blk_12.htm Obviously we know what it's trying to copy, but I thought I would share since I hadn't seen it on here.
  12. crump582

Covering a seat

Has anyone tried to cover a seat with regular fabric? I am doing a build for my Dad (Christmas present) on a bike that belonged to my Grandpa. I am trying to make the bike resemble my Grandpa's truck, but I also want to use some things that remind me (and my Dad) of my Grandpa. Couple things I...
  13. crump582

Straight 8

My humble entry... with a sub par camera and some photobucket help. :lol:
  14. crump582

Coaster Brake Bracket

Not sure what the technical term is... but the piece that attaches the coaster arm to the chainstay. Does it have a name?! I would love to see some of the more creative things to use to attach these. I heard of someone making them with old spoons, seen leather straps, and various metal pieces...
  15. crump582

BMX Cruiser Frame Set

The more I look at the pics... the more I want one of these. I like the Skull Skates frame set and the Pork Chop BMX, but I was just curious if there are any other options I should look at?
  16. crump582

Bottom Bracket Bearing Cups

I am in the process of putting a new BB and crank on my 50s Road Master. The new bearing cups I bought went on REALLY easy... as in just sit in there. I put everything together and it seems to operate fine, but I was under the impression that the bearing cups are hard to get on and fit very...
  17. crump582

Fatti-O tire on 1.75 rim?

I have a set of Fattio-O tires that are 24x3... planning to order some rims for a build that are 24x1.75. Will I have an issue with mounting them? Should they fit in a 68' Schwinn frame? I have the tires, which are over $40 each so I would like to use them, but I don't want to have to do too...
  18. crump582

My first Build: MEGATRON

Well... I stumbled upon this site after buying an Electra Straight 8 on craigslist. I am now in the process of my first actual build. I got a 50s (I was told) RoadMaster off craigslist that I plan on making a really nice rider out of. I have ordered a 3 speed wheelset, sulkys, bars, stem, and...
  19. crump582

Shifter Question

Anyone know if this SA shifter will work with the Nexus 3 speed on my Straight 8? http://www.amazon.com/Sturmey-Archer-St ... roduct_top I would like to get the shifter down off my handle bars, but can't seem to find a trigger or lever shift to use. Anyone have a link to a better option?
  20. crump582

First build... drop some knowledge on me

Well... this is my first project and it has started slow. Everything went well, except now I can't get the crank out for some reason, but I will work on that later. I have this old Road Master and like the blue, but I want to paint the bike. I would like to paint it black, but I don't want it...
Back