Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

Scwhinn "Henderson" Bikes... Tell me all you know! UPDATE!!!

i have an Excelsior that looks just like that...like another poster stated, Schwinn bought the two companies (not at the same time)...they had the Excelsior-Henderson motorcycle company (and THEY came back for a bit)...i THINK (and someone please correct me if i am wrong) it was that part of the...
  2. N

WIERD STUFF AT YOUR LBS

that IS really weird...we have the limes 2-for-1 right now...
  3. N

new_dharma here

thanks all! that's what i REALLY like about this site! i lost my job at NAPA and after 6 months of not having a 'real' job (I don't count my bike shop 'cause i don't take in enough to support myself...YET!!!) so i didn't log on much! i now have a job as a bicycle mechanic at a LBS and i am still...
  4. N

new_dharma here

it's been some time since i've been on the RR forums...just wanted to say hello to all the new members and the members that have been around for a bit! I am Andy in RL; i own a bike shop in NE Minneapolis that does ok (older "cruiser-style" bikes and tune-ups); i like bikes (really?!?), camping...
  5. N

Need help with Krate Cassettes + Shock Sissybar

you might have to search for a shop that has the tool for the older schwinn cassette...not everyone has one
  6. N

New Skip-tooth chain?!?

yep...i know a guy (My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl) who owns a bike shop and has an account with them...i have not asked the price yet
  7. N

HOW TO LACE A WHEEL

you won't always get the same "pitch" on a trued wheel. there might be spokes that are tighter than others...this happens when you true them (wheels). a spoke tension meter is the only way to get the tension correct...don't worry if your spoke pitch isn't all the same, as long as the wheel is...
  8. N

New Skip-tooth chain?!?

ok...so it's been some time since i posted...i tried the search, but 'cause i have LITTLE patience left, i gave up!!!! Skiptooth???
  9. N

MTB's and whitewalls

on my Surly i've run 26 x 1.5" up to 26 x 2.5"...all on the same rim
  10. N

best product for cleaning chains & bearings?

mmmm...pudding! i use Purple Power or Super Clean (soak overnight) rinse well soak in Hydraulic Fluid (hour)
  11. N

Wanted: Bulletproof Coaster Wheel Recipe

larger spokes and seat the spoke heads...one main cause of spoke failure at the hub is the heads are not seated properly and they move (slightly)...after the build, use a concave punch and tap the heads into place.
  12. N

If you ride at night

Xtracycles are cool...i love mine (but my Surly is hating life right now!)
  13. N

What is this seat...worth keeping?

looks like a Brooks or Wrights saddle frame...older B73-style
  14. N

How do you fix a noisy coaster brake?

where the shoes contact the hub...is there grease? put grease on the inside of the hub (if it wasn't there already)
  15. N

Removing a 3 piece crank

here's the Crank Cotter Pin Press I purchased.
  16. N

The Cat's Meow (Raleigh Fixed Gear)

fixed-no-brake and you're not using clipless or toe straps??? yea, 160 cranks work good. edit: saw the brake part...missed on my first read
  17. N

Removing a 3 piece crank

1. remove the nut from the cotter pin 2. use a punch to TAP the pin out...from the threaded side (i assume you don't have the pin press) 3. arms should come off now
  18. N

ironrat trike

but it doesn't look like it fits the bike rack anymore! :wink:
  19. N

schwinn dx build Finished pics 7/1

that bumper is GREAT!!! :wink: I like the bike, too
  20. N

skiptooth chains

no master link?
Back