Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Slick Rick

WANTED Sniper handlebars for OCC Stingray

looking for a Sniper handlebar for an OCC I'm building for my grandson. Showem if ya gottem!
  2. Slick Rick

Spoke Calculator

O.K. so after several years and several wheels as well, my online spoke calculator disappears into cyber-space! I'm pretty sure there are some cats here building wheels, hopefully you will be so kind to share your resources. I have found and used another with less than stellar results. I am...
  3. Slick Rick

Need suggestions for a beefy tire!

Here's the deal, my 380 lb. Neighbor has finally done in his rear wheel! I have revived it two other times and pronounced it D.O.A. when last we met. I have already found/decided on the hoops, but his tires are totally shot as well. They were nice tires, and a 15 lb. over inflation was a must...
  4. Slick Rick

Any interest in some carousing @ Cyclomesa? 4/4/ 14 (Fri. night)

I have a few interested individuals. There's not much info. other than show times for bands I'm not all that interested in seeing. Five bands in 6 hours @ Mesa Convention center. I would love to do a launch @ Diamonds sports bar on Centennial Wy. in Mesa. An easy pedal So. to Main St. There is a...
  5. Slick Rick

Free beer!

Well Almost! :oops: Too bad we got caught! Me and my bud mugging @ New Belgium brewery after TDF Fort Collins! Later & PEACE!!!! :mrgreen:
  6. Slick Rick

TDF (Mothership) Ft. Collins CO.

Who's going? THIS GUY!!!!! :mrgreen: Who may I have the pleasure of meeting/carousing with? :wink:
  7. Slick Rick

Euro (new tech) for Amer. (Old school)

I am currently gathering parts for a new build. I have a 62 Typhoon frame,as a base,I want to use a BB conversion. This set-up has sealed bearings and sqaure tapered spindle ends. My only concern is chainguard clearance, have any of you used a set-up like this and had issues with retaining a...
  8. Slick Rick

Mesa AZ. Second Fridays ride!

After much harassment, er, uh, I mean convincing via lively banter :wink: I have been able to round-up a few Renegades to ride tomorrow night in downtown Mesa! Meet up @ Diamonds Sports bar, No. of Main on Centennial @ 6:30 p.m. As a local, I have realized that this is a great venue to try and...
  9. Slick Rick

Offset lace query

I have a disc brake hub that I am currently looking to lace to a wider wheel. Due to the configuration of the hub body, a 12mm offset would be needed to center the wheel. I have built several wheels at this point, but never done an offset lace up as of yet. So I was curious if a 12mm offset is...
  10. Slick Rick

Phat parts and a Dahon

So last thur. My partner and I are doing an A/C system changeout. As we were rollong the new unit across the carport, there is a Dahon folding bike hanging upside down by hooks in our path. My partner tells the owner "We will need to move this to get by." The owner says " I really need to get...
  11. Slick Rick

24" x 3" tire recomendations

OK, so the Phat XC-1 I bought back in june has been suficiently ridden enough to know what changes will start to take place. The cheapo chinese rear hub w/miles of spacers on it (to make it fit) is currently undergoing a slow painful death! Good ridance, a Nexus 7 speed is on the way, traded...
  12. Slick Rick

TDF Tempe AZ. 10/15/11 Who's in!

Yes indeedy its that time once again, get your rubber on the road, a frosty NBB beverage to savor, and a few grins from the show's! There will be many other exhibitions to wow and entertain as well, custom bike show hosted by Phoenix Phreaks, and a bicycle polo suare to name a couple. Bring an...
  13. Slick Rick

TDF San Diego 10/1/11 Who's in!!!!!

TDF this sat. @ Balboa Park In lovely Sandy Eggo! It looks as though through an instance of good luck and good freinds, I will be attending! Woo Hoo! Phoenix Phreaks in da HOUSE! Sooo, who can I look forward to meeting there from this forum? :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:
  14. Slick Rick

Worthy of mention

We all deal with people of the"ME" persuasion, probably more than any of us would like to. You know what I'm talking about, those folks who could care less about anybody/anything that doesnt benefit themselves. It's all about ME, who cares about anyone else? So when you find an individual that...
  15. Slick Rick

Phat XC-1 ready to rock!

Scored this Mon. after Fathers day. It was not w/o a few small issues, but it is clean, tight and ready to rock now! The chain line was totally off in factory configuration. The chain would rub the tire if you didnt offset the tire severely. Thanks to Dr. Tankenstein hipping me to the fact that...
  16. Slick Rick

Got me some new PHATitude!

Sorry for the dark pic, but it needs a lil clean-up as it is dusty and the crummy factory grease has oozed and mingled w/dust due to SITTING in the hot AZ weather. So theres going to be better pics soon (after cleanup) This one was not ridden much at all and will clean-up nicely! Best part? A...
  17. Slick Rick

Phreakin Pixie Pics

This was to be our Pixie racer for the San Tan Wheelie Jam last month. Due to a furious pace at the custom bike show, we were not able to break free and race it.Oh well, thought some of you would enjoy a few pics any hoo! :wink: Emilee ( my grand daughter) had fun with it! 8) Later & PEACE!!!
  18. Slick Rick

San Tan Wheelie Jam

O.K. folks heres the low down on the throw down! T.B.A.G. in co-operation with several other local operations present the first annual San Tan Wheelie Jam! This is our local version of a Tour De Fat type of event for bicycle entusiasts of all types. Live music, Local micro breweries will be...
  19. Slick Rick

Phoenix Phreaks first friday ride

Tonite, meet-up @ the Firehouse 1st. St and Roosevelt 7:00 PM See ya there! :wink:
  20. Slick Rick

TDF Straight Ray (more!)

Good day today!!! started off kinda sucky, no work due to rain! But I have resolved (hopefully) my parts crisis and will soon be able to move ahead with my TDF build. These pics are but a tease of what I have in store for this one! More pics soon. STRETCHH...
Back