Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Lucky Strike

48 Rollfast for sale in Houston at garage sale tomorrow - SOLD

If you are in Houston, and want it, come get it. Here is the Craigslist link with info about the garage sale tomorrow: https://houston.craigslist.org/gms/5485719354.html I put new bearings in the hubs and a new headset and bearings, and a it has a new bottom bracket. Skip-tooth chain in...
  2. Lucky Strike

What is this noise!!! Ahhhhh!!! (W/ Video)

Yes. It only happens when pedaling. And most especially when I'm standing and cranking with force. I just disassembled the hub and inspected and put it back together this morning. Nothing that I can detect is wrong with the rear hub. So, my plan is to pull the new BB I put in and throw...
  3. Lucky Strike

What is this noise!!! Ahhhhh!!! (W/ Video)

OK, late 40s Rollfast. New BB, and new bearings in a ND model D hub. I'm thinking the noise is from the hub.... BUT I have no idea why or what to do. Help! Also, I am aware that part of the noise is the crank hitting the kick stand. I'm talking about the other noise...
  4. Lucky Strike

dark brown grips - who sells them?

Tandy Leather has some DIY dark leather bar wrap in a box near the front door labeled "scrap" Very reasonable.... ;-)
  5. Lucky Strike

New cones needed. Which ones?

ANSWER: WALD No. 255 Front Axle Cones You might not be able to tell from the photo but the bag lists a bunch of make / models of axles and one is WECO. I ran across several listings on ebay for WALD parts that would fit various WECO axel's but I have no clue what model axle I have, I just took...
  6. Lucky Strike

oxalic acid, what is it?

Have you considered simply using aluminum foil and Coke? That's what I use to clean all my rusty chrome. It is 100% safe, cheap, and available at every grocery store in the world. Wad up the foil, pour Coke on the part and on the foil and start scrubbing. My understanding is the tiny amount...
  7. Lucky Strike

Novice's thoughts on hubs

Yep its a New Departure hub, not Bendix... not sure why I got that confused. I went back and edited the post to correct it.
  8. Lucky Strike

Novice's thoughts on hubs

I am in the process of rebuilding my first New Departure hub. I previously rebuilt a Musselman hub, which was the first coaster brake I ever rebuilt. I just have to say the difference is remarkable. I see why people like the New Departure so much. It is a much superior design. Expanding...
  9. Lucky Strike

New cones needed. Which ones?

I've got a Weco front hub. The cones are shot. It has a 5/16' axle with 24TPI. What cones do I order to replace what I have. I'm guessing there is some Wald part that will do the job, but this is my first time to trip over this particular issue.
  10. Lucky Strike

Don't make me go all Hiku on your ...!

Autumn on the way. New: bearings, frame paint, head light. Roll Fast hits the road. Your turn. Lay it out there. Lets see what you got.
  11. Lucky Strike

Headset bearing question

How to the races look? The cups and cones. I would never, ever, reuse those. And soaking precision machined parts in a mild acid is a no go as well. Ball bearings are super cheep. I mean. Really, really, inexpensive. find a bearing shop. Here in Houston I go to Houston Bearing. get the...
  12. Lucky Strike

New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Love those bikes. Wish they would shut down their Taiwan operations and move production to the U.S. I hear there are a few people looking for work, and I bet they would love to build those with pride in this country. Maybe as the U.S. dollar looses value and shipping costs rise the bean...
  13. Lucky Strike

LET'S SEE THOSE ROLLFAST!!!!

Never know what you will find on the curb on heavy trash day. Some assembly required....
  14. Lucky Strike

Well-Made,Bargain-Priced Beach Cruiser Recommendations?

For the money,... these are very good bikes. http://www.firemansbikes.com/ Made in the U.S.A., AND cross promoting with a brewery also here in Texas. I mean, come-on-man, it does not get better than that. http://www.firemansbikes.com/no4.htm Cup holder is probably extra though...
  15. Lucky Strike

How do YOU find your bikes??

A shop I live near set out a 1948 Rollfast frame with the crank set and chain wheel still on it, plus the forks, and fenders. They were just going to let it go on heavy trash day. They only sell new road bikes..... probably didn't have a clue what it was. In fact, I KNOW they didn't. A...
  16. Lucky Strike

LUX-53 Mid-build teaser shot

Needs a few things, but starting to look like a bike.
  17. Lucky Strike

Grocery store cruiser

Kroger's needs to let this bike go.
  18. Lucky Strike

Western Flyer Seat Post help needed

Yep. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Just got done doing it. Had to use a stack of washers on either side of the old clamp but, seems to be working. After I put the crank back on it I'll go for a ride and see if it holds me in position.
  19. Lucky Strike

Western Flyer Seat Post help needed

Trying to fit a seat with a modern clamp on it to my Western Flyer X-53. The seat post seems an odd size. I cannot find anything at the hardware store to replace it with. I Need a post that fits the frame and that is wide (not narrow) at the top. The stock pipe is way, way, too narrow for my...
Back