Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Green Dragon

SOLD SA sportshift 3 speed

is that a 28 hole hub ? or 36 ?
  2. Green Dragon

looking for a 76 fastback to repaint

I have a frame, previously repainted but straight,probably have the fork also but don't think I have the guard... will have to dig it out for pics, lmk if that helps.
  3. Green Dragon

ISO of 1968 Schwinn Deluxe Collegiate Mens and Womans

Ozzy, I have a matched pair, think they're 68s.. have to double check, Campus green, very nice. , here behind the KK, have to get you better pics... lmk
  4. Green Dragon

The Life Saver: 1971 AMF Renegade 3

Yes it looks strange. Not sure why your LBS would be expensive to cut the threads a little lower... I have the fork die, if you wanna borrow it, would cost ship both ways is all. lmk ( here or fb is faster to get me ). Still raining and flooding here in NY, if I could paint was thinking to...
  5. Green Dragon

Collegiate 5 speed green and white seat Wanted plus Back rim

ozzy, still need the parts ? I just got in a girls Collegiate in green n white..... can get pics.
  6. Green Dragon

Sears Spyder

Looks correct to me, the front is liekly a 24x 13/8 lightweight, which would be slightly taller than a regular 24, but not 26" . Nice find.
  7. Green Dragon

1891 (Scratch Built WBO2018)

Why can't you use the original headset that fits the now-bottom-bracket ? , sounds easier to fabricate a shaft / bearing cones than to make odd sized bearings work .
  8. Green Dragon

1980 Schwinn Cruiser 5

Interesting this one does not have the drum brake on back - was that a year to year thing ? or did some have it, others not ? I have a coaster model 1980 Cruiser delux I've been wanting to make a Cruiser 5 from (and use the fork elsewhere ). Just wasn't sure about brakes setup.
  9. Green Dragon

Prewar/early postwar 20" fender

ozzy, as noted, pic of what you need to match would help , I htink I have a used set of early 20" fenders, or I have a couple sets of black primered ones NOS Wald. would have to dig em out and snap a pic if those might work, they're buried in the shop corner.
  10. Green Dragon

Schwinn Crank

I've got a 24" girlie Schwinn out in the pile, if no luck, lmk, can pull it and see how nice it is.
  11. Green Dragon

1967 Schwinn Fastback (Class 1): Completed

lookin good :) . as always. Late response on the seat glue, but I always use contact cement. coat both pieces, let tack up and it grabs quick, still need clamps to keep from moving though. Have only done a few nanner seats so far, but done dozens of kitchen type chairs that way when I was...
  12. Green Dragon

Turning Japaneese MBB0-VI, Class II

you always find the kool import frames - I'm jalous :) Will be watching this one closely.
  13. Green Dragon

"Dragst-Her" (Class 1)

might be easier to 1) sell the rechrome console cover for big bucks, then 2) build a new from scratch cover from ABS or styrene ? then have chromed ( using the big bucks you got from the other ones sale ) . Just an idea.
  14. Green Dragon

Any Ideas On Where To Find Cool 20x2.125 Muscle Bike Tires

my favorite modern tire is the Chen Shin / Duro ' C241' tire, which is a copy of the old Goodyear tread. https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Cruiser-CST241-2-125-Black/dp/B007Q4LZG6/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1502841054&sr=1-2&keywords=c241+20x2.125
  15. Green Dragon

Any Ideas On Where To Find Cool 20x2.125 Muscle Bike Tires

That looks like the aformentioned Duro tire - 2.125 style tall sidewall but more of a 1.75 width. ( and at 34.00 WAY expensive, you can get those from Niagara Cycle for like 13.00 last ones I bought ).
  16. Green Dragon

Huffy Tetanus Shot!!!

anything can be saved with enough effort ;) .... nice find. Lovin the 58 background - thought you were a Mopar guy, Ron ? ( I'll take the Chevy so you can stay pure to your roots, lol ) .
  17. Green Dragon

Huffy Dragster frame: GONE

pm sent
  18. Green Dragon

Help with background on a unique bike

cool find, would look right at home in my growing import muscle collection :) . congrats
  19. Green Dragon

Mystery XKE tire!

I've seen those 24x1.75 XKE tires on Huffy built trikes - in fact I passed on one a couple years back at Carlisle swap , for like 110 bucks, that had THREE of em :( .... what was I thinking, lol.
  20. Green Dragon

How about a sex change build off?

any update on this buildoff, or a suncategory ? Got one fits the theme if I have time to work on for the BO.
Back