Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jesserd

Rollfast Trade and a Bridgestone MB-6

Traded my Lowrider for a Rollfast in parts tires and wheels are good w/ some gumwall Uniroyals and a single band bendix. I think everything is there, so it should be an EASY build. Also bought a not-so-ratty MB-6. I think it's a 94?
  2. Jesserd

This week...

Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. Not in the best of shape, but I couldn't pass it up for the Price. Trek 8700 in AMAZING shape. I don't think this thing has ever even been off road Centurion Comp TA
  3. Jesserd

Trek 8700 Goodwill Find

Who drops this off at Goodwill? Oh well, I got to steal it for $99. I really didn't want to drop a hundred bucks at G-dub, but I really didn't have a choice! Now I got to decide whether to sell my cheap MTBs and keep the Trek or turn a quick profit on the Trek...?
  4. Jesserd

Lugged Magna?

obviously new Magna bikes are mostly big box store junk, but what is the story on this old Magna? I snagged it up at goodwill, because it was ready to ride at $15, but is it anything special? Was Magna a respectable bike during these days? Serial is "40304923" before paint and a "2" after paint...
  5. Jesserd

Father-in-law xmas presents

got to talking to the father-in-law about bikes, and got some unwrapped presents in the form of a project. Single red band Bendix (I think that is a good thing?). He also has a complete Columbia Thunderbolt that he says I can have on another trip when I have the trunk space, but I would feel bad...
  6. Jesserd

Help with a leather tool bag

I am looking to make vintage-style leather tool bag, but I can't seem to find good enough pictures to understand how the straps work. Can anybody help me out by sending/posting a picture of the backside of their vintage tool bag? If you have an old beat up tool bag sitting around, we can also...
  7. Jesserd

Rust-Oleum Textured Metallic: Anybody ever use?

I was thinking about using this on a frame for my Bratz bike. Anybody ever tried it? If not, I will see how it goes! This is what it looks like applied:
  8. Jesserd

Free Bratz Bike

I was on my way to ride, when I saw this bad boy on the side of the road. No room in my cars so my wife drove back, while I pushed the bike about a half mile back home. I'm thinking that I will just paint the frame flat black and throw on dome ape hangers.... any other thoughts/ideas?
  9. Jesserd

Leather Toe Straps

I needed some toe straps, so I got with my local bridle shop (horse saddle shop). This is what we came up with. They are the best that I have ever used, but I have only used a couple different pairs. Handmade in Tennessee-- can't beat that! I just wanted to get a feel on whether these would be...
  10. Jesserd

Norco BushPilot

Saw this bike at G-Dub (goodwill) and walked right on by thinking it was wal-mart junk. As I walked back by, I noticed the Sugino Bionic cranks and rad Canadian Maple Leaf seat (among other interesting designs; check the rear fork and brakes). I picked it up for $20 hoping that I wouldn't be...
  11. Jesserd

Huffy for ID

My buddy spotted this Huffy at an antique shop. Any ideas on a year? Is it anything special? How much should I offer (if it's still there)?
  12. Jesserd

Sandy Sanderson

Had a friend sending me pictures of the bikes that he saw at the 127 Yard Sale. He ended up picking me up this Murray for 10 bucks. Chaingaurd says "Sands." Seems like an strange name for a bike. I just used some junk parts that have been sitting around for a mock up. I'm gonna throw this...
  13. Jesserd

$10 Murray from 127 Sale

Had a friend sending me pictures of the bikes that he saw at the 127 Yard Sale. He ended up picking me up this Murray for 10 bucks. Chaingaurd says "Sands." Seems like an strange name for a bike. I'll get some better pics when I get it home.
  14. Jesserd

New American-Made 20" Girls Bike?

My boss is looking for a new American-made bike for his 7 year old niece. I just called a bike shop and they said that they just don't exist. I'm hoping that y'all can prove them wrong! Are there any girls bike that are still made in the USA? Also, any leads on an American-made BMX might help.
  15. Jesserd

Jesserd

I've been on the site for a few months now. Just now making an intro! I have a de facto Rat style due to my cheapness! Nothing is better than a cruiser brake! I HATE WIRES (brakes, gears, speedometers). I love the history of bikes and I will never paint a classic bike with original finish...
  16. Jesserd

1971 Schwinn Sports Tourer - Original Paint?

I bought this bike on the cheap a couple months ago and have been working on cleaning the small parts and breaking down the bike. I noticed some strange overspray on the fork, which got me wondering the the bike had been repainted. The lettering looked a little strange also due to the...
  17. Jesserd

CL Bikes to ID

I saw a couple bikes on Craigslist, and I couldn't tell much about them. I had the poster send me better pics, and I still don't know much about the bikes. She wants $50 each or $75 for both... I don't think that I'm missing out on anything, but I want to make sure. Let me know what y'all think!
Back