Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jesserd

Pulled this out of the scrap yard

NICE WORK!
  2. Jesserd

1994 Marin Palisades Trail MTB

If you go to Marin County (by san francisco bay area), they are EVERYWHERE. Based on this craiglist add, the bike is worth over $700 (sarcasm): http://nashville.craigslist.org/bik/3724480245.html
  3. Jesserd

Rollfast Trade and a Bridgestone MB-6

Traded my Lowrider for a Rollfast in parts tires and wheels are good w/ some gumwall Uniroyals and a single band bendix. I think everything is there, so it should be an EASY build. Also bought a not-so-ratty MB-6. I think it's a 94?
  4. Jesserd

Firestone Special Cruiser

so jealous...
  5. Jesserd

This week...

Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. Not in the best of shape, but I couldn't pass it up for the Price. Trek 8700 in AMAZING shape. I don't think this thing has ever even been off road Centurion Comp TA
  6. Jesserd

Trek 8700 Goodwill Find

Re: Treck 8700 Goodwill Find I'm just over 6', so it is perfect. I sold a few other bikes and made some good money and room in the bike shed (also some much needed leverage against the wife on keeping another bike), so I'm gonna hold onto the 8700!
  7. Jesserd

Trek 8700 Goodwill Find

Who drops this off at Goodwill? Oh well, I got to steal it for $99. I really didn't want to drop a hundred bucks at G-dub, but I really didn't have a choice! Now I got to decide whether to sell my cheap MTBs and keep the Trek or turn a quick profit on the Trek...?
  8. Jesserd

Father-in-law xmas presents

I've cleaned off the frame and tried some 0000 pads, but the pads only get off about 90% of the rust; the remaining rust are still surface rust, because I can scrape off with a knife or fingernail. The chrome looks great around the bad spots but I don't want to rub the 0000 too much. Would...
  9. Jesserd

Lugged Magna?

obviously new Magna bikes are mostly big box store junk, but what is the story on this old Magna? I snagged it up at goodwill, because it was ready to ride at $15, but is it anything special? Was Magna a respectable bike during these days? Serial is "40304923" before paint and a "2" after paint...
  10. Jesserd

Father-in-law xmas presents

got to talking to the father-in-law about bikes, and got some unwrapped presents in the form of a project. Single red band Bendix (I think that is a good thing?). He also has a complete Columbia Thunderbolt that he says I can have on another trip when I have the trunk space, but I would feel bad...
  11. Jesserd

Ideas for a 90's Trek 820 Mountain Bike

I always see super cheap, nice MTBs going for cheap and I've always thought about doing a similar build. You think a 700c laced to a coaster would fit? that would be something different. I like the idea of some fat tires, so you could use on the road at high pressure or off road at low pressure...
  12. Jesserd

Help with a leather tool bag

Thanks for all the feedback! Jerry, How do you like the design of the fox leather bag? How's the functionality? I might just have to order one of those bags to check it out.
  13. Jesserd

Help with a leather tool bag

I am looking to make vintage-style leather tool bag, but I can't seem to find good enough pictures to understand how the straps work. Can anybody help me out by sending/posting a picture of the backside of their vintage tool bag? If you have an old beat up tool bag sitting around, we can also...
  14. Jesserd

How To Ship a Bike (Please read and contribute)

My local shipping shop showed me pictures of some road bikes that they had shipped. They did not even use a box. They just bubble wrapped the heck out of the whole bike and shipped them whole with some small parts like the pedals removed. Is there any reason why that doesn't work? Especially...
  15. Jesserd

Another Schwinn

! lolz on the tire holding air!
  16. Jesserd

Had a gut feeling...DONE!

nice! great job keeping that bike from being scrapped!
  17. Jesserd

Rust-Oleum Textured Metallic: Anybody ever use?

I was thinking about using this on a frame for my Bratz bike. Anybody ever tried it? If not, I will see how it goes! This is what it looks like applied:
  18. Jesserd

1971 Schwinn Sports Tourer

The original seat was probably a Brooks. hahahah. Am I right?
  19. Jesserd

Free Bratz Bike

I actually have a 16x3 (I think) stingray wheel sitting around waiting to be used. What is the best way to alter the forks to fit the wider axle?
  20. Jesserd

Free Bratz Bike

I was on my way to ride, when I saw this bad boy on the side of the road. No room in my cars so my wife drove back, while I pushed the bike about a half mile back home. I'm thinking that I will just paint the frame flat black and throw on dome ape hangers.... any other thoughts/ideas?
Back