Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

(ORBO) Scrambler

Been wanting to build something like this for a while now. I didn't want to build a Klunker (although I think they are cool). What I wanted was a clean looking bike I could do what ever I wanted while riding. I have plenty of geared MTB's, a road bike, a custom beach cruiser, and a unicycle. I...
  2. V

Earth Cruiser

Had a good friend pass away a couple of weeks ago. Great guy full of stories and love of life. His wife calls me up last week and asked me if I want "Fluffy's" old bike? I didn't even know he had one. I said of course I would be honored to have it. Turns out its a very early Earth Cruiser. The...
  3. V

Ultimate geek shirt

Pretty sure this is on my must have list http://shirtoid.com/68832/the-cycle-is-complete/
  4. V

Atlanta to Dallas

Next weekend, June 2nd My job will be taking me from Atlanta to Dallas then to Memphis ending on the 14th. If anyone needs anything shipped along the way give me a shout, I will be driving a pick-up truck.
  5. V

Thank's guys

I've been messing with bikes my whole life I don't know how many times I have painted over rusty chrome and threw rusty chains away. Two weeks ago I tried the trick of Ceramic Stove Top Cleaner on a rusty springer I had laying around. It took quite abit of rubbing with a scotch brite pad, but to...
  6. V

Denver CO

I will be in the Denver area starting tonight and all of next week for business. Is there any "must see" bicycle related things to do? I plan on taking a ride on the bike paths using the public bikes that Denver has. Is there any weekly pub crawls or pub/cafes where people hang out? Any really...
  7. V

my first wheel!!

I just built my first wheel and I'm pretty stoked about it. Thank you Sheldon Brown RIP
  8. V

Quick question about truss rods

Never having a truss rod bike, will truss rods from a 24" wheeled bike fit on a 26" wheeled bike?
  9. V

New threads on a repop springer

I need to add about an inch worth of threads for the top bearing race on my new springer. Anybody know the size of die I will need. Its a 1" steerer tube, but not sure on thread count or even if it is metric.
  10. V

Hi from Prescott Valley, AZ

Hey, I'm Vipon I have been lurking for about a week now and really like what I see. I've been into bikes my whole life. Started out on a candy apple red Stingray when I was 5, then my dad built me a couple of choppers back when I was a kid in the seventies. I rode around on a unicycle for a...
Back