Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kato

Elgin sears bicycle - $500 (Jeffersonville)

Wonder how this one will shake out. I've been trying to get in touch via text / call.....no luck. Hopefully who ever gets it will sahre info afterwards.
  2. Kato

1953 Huffy Customliner

Kool bike.......will watch for it to pop up for sale
  3. Kato

First Pre-war, Colson Scout

Awesome find !!! You will be amazed on how nice that bike will clean up. Time for some WD40 and 0000 steel wool. Sapray the 0000 steel woll down with the WD40 and clean it slowly and that paint / chrome will pop. Once you do that wipe it down dry and then wipe it down again with some boiled...
  4. Kato

Jumped in head first.......

Just noticed the one laying down in the grass.........another score Looks to be a curved seat tube like mine which is a 1939 Take your time cleaning and enjoy them !!!
  5. Kato

Jumped in head first.......

Awesome - those 2 Columbias are just screaming for a WD40 / Naval Jelly and 0000 steel wool cleaning - then some new tire and tubes and your rolling. Original patina is only a 1 time thing !!!
  6. Kato

Raleigh Rodeo 3+2 Value / Info

I think I'm going to end up buying this if I can get it for a decent price. If I do I'll probably be passing it on. I have a local guy so-so interested so if that doesn't work out I'll post it up here and try to find a good home for it.
  7. Kato

Elgin Stand type ? / Ser# Added

Not sure if it's the type on this bike or a drop stand. Any help appreciated
  8. Kato

Milan Brewery Bicycle

I had the pic of your bike saved and just pulled it back up - this time I found this post doing some GOOGLING. Your build is absolutely awesome - and the story and what it means to you that goes with it !!! I grew up just outside Toledo in Moline, lived in Bellevue and worked in Norwalk. I'm in...
  9. Kato

Been trying to figure out what type of stand goes on the Elgin. I'm thinking a drop-stand but have also seen others with a rear side stand and others with a stand that mounts by the pedals although it must be a special type?? I just checked for the serial number - see below: SE Mod-502 192...
  10. Kato

Westfield Elgin (SOLD)

Did this ever end up getting sold ? OOOPS - just noticed in Subject
  11. Kato

Thanks for the info / input Jaxon and rfeagleye !!!! I don't have it quite yet - trying to work a deal on it but wanted to try and figure out fair value and any info first.
  12. Kato

I recently found this Raleigh Rodeo 3+2 - Twinshift 5 speed 2nd Owner says it's pretty much original except maybe rear tire and it needs a new shifter cable I think it's super kool and I'm thinking about buying it but have absolutely no idea on value of Muscle Bikes. Any help, info, comments on...
  13. Kato

Craigslist find

I think I've seen that bike.........for like 4 days
  14. Kato

Kentuckykid - certainly not a big deal and thanks for the info. Just wanted to be 100% sure before I started trying to find and buy parts. The black head badge is what I'm going after instead of the green one that just sold on E-Bay.
  15. Kato

I bought this recently - think it's and Elgin but want to try and get that confirmed. I've cleaned the top bar, part of the front fender and that's it......think it's gonna look pretty kool. Next step is to clean the rest, new tires / tubes - grease job and get it rolling. Can somebody confirm...
  16. Kato

Tooooo late!!!!

WOW - ...., somebody scored........
  17. Kato

Looking for Ohio people

Pretty close to you - just south of Monroe in Liberty Township
  18. Kato

Rat bike 2.0!

Kool score with perfect patina !!!!!
  19. Kato

Time to Sell / Help with Value

See deorman comment above but here is the C-list link http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bik/5144075407.html
  20. Kato

Time to Sell / Help with Value

Chain coming for the bike without one.......dropping price just a little on both.
Back