Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mr. Gangrene Genes

There Came a Tweed Rider

Howdy, Kansas City recently had a "Tweed Ride" which sounded interesting. I did not make it this year, and none of my current bikes really fit their early Safety bicycle theme. http://bikewalkkc.org/tweed/ Got to thinking about building a road bike without cables and such, but too hilly for a...
  2. Mr. Gangrene Genes

Spitfire or Sputter?

Howdy, I recently purchased a '68 drum brake 5-speed Schwinn tandem with HD S7 wheels. It was missing the chainguard and the fenders, with several components replaced; seats, pedals, front handlebars. A PO had changed the shift cable and installed the lever backward, guy I bought bike from...
  3. Mr. Gangrene Genes

Transportable Tandem II

Howdy, this is my second attempt at building a tandem that will fit on the KCATA Metro bus, or a standard carrier without hanging off the ends. We had a Schwinn Twinn 5-speed before our daughter was born, just too heavy, and way too long. Wife wasn't interested in riding. Sold it for what we had...
  4. Mr. Gangrene Genes

Coral Snake Cobb Job

Greetings from Kansas City. Please consider this my belated introduction. I am a hoarder. Come from a long line of hoarders, cars, trucks, lawn mowers, tractors, bicycles, what have you. While I would like to be able to stay at home all week and tinker, I remain a white-ish collar slave to the...
Back