Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. CycleTruck

Troglodyte - 85 Ross Mt. Washington

Troglodyte Build Log. Originally posted in Fresh Finds, as found: Extracted from the forest trying to eat it, it came home from my buddy's outdoor stash, today: After a quick bath, it now waits for me to get the CWC off the repair stand, for disassembly, cleaning, and resurrection.
  2. CycleTruck

Omega-Mu 1941 CWC Build Log

3. CycleTruck

85 Ross Mt. Washington

While shopping for parts at my buddy's massive outdoor stash, I spotted something interesting among the 10 speeds. Turns out it's an 85 Ross Mt. Washington, the economy model of one of the very first mass produced mountain bikes. I might have to go back and wrench it from the grasp of the forest...
  4. CycleTruck

ID - 4 Bar Cantilever Frame?

Ross?
  5. CycleTruck

Rescued from a burn pile ...

6. CycleTruck

Several finds. Blew through my budget, like Congress.

A Ross cruiser. One of next winter's projects: A pair of OCC Stingrays, making one from two. Also next winter's project: Currently on the workbench, being resurrected, as fast as possible! A Columbia Firebolt. 1st photo, at the place of purchase. 2nd photo, in my shop. Photobomb, hogging...
  7. CycleTruck

WTB: Columbia Firebolt / Fire Arrow Light Assembly, like ...

... this. Doesn't even have to have a good lens.
  8. CycleTruck

Onex 29er kickstand upgrade?

Anyone upgrade their 29er kickstand? What did you use?
  9. CycleTruck

Emory Mountain Bike?

Can anyone confirm if this bike was in fact, manufactured by Emory in Jacksonville, Florida? I've never seen one before.
  10. CycleTruck

Seeking a Humuhumu-nukunuku-apua'a Frame & Fork or Complete Bike

Seeking a Humuhumu-nukunuku-apua'a Frame & Fork or Complete Bike, V Brake model, to be shipped to Pennsylvania.
  11. CycleTruck

Genesis Onex 29er Stem Advice

I just picked up an Onex 29er and I'm about to do some upgrades. I've read that some people have had trouble with the stem. Can anyone describe what went wrong with the stock stem? I'm wondering if I should just replace it from the start.
  12. CycleTruck

Anyone ever see one of these? Odd Drum Brake Hub

I scored this Matthews Nomad Tandem yesterday. I've never seen a hub like this. It looks like the entire hub is wrapped in a lens or reflector.
  13. CycleTruck

Side Pull Brakes

How do I prevent one pad from contacting the rim all the time?
  14. CycleTruck

Linear Park Rail Trail Ride, Ephrata, PA

Thought I'd share a few photos of my ride yesterday. Linear Park Rail Trail is currently only about a mile long, but there are plans in the works to extend it from Ephrata, PA to Lititz, PA. Anyway, here's the photos: I started off near this caboose in downtown Ephrata. Back...
  15. CycleTruck

Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Hub Oil Cap Replacement Alternative

I've had this on a blog since 2010 and I'm receiving good feedback on this alternative, so it's time to share here for those who have the classic Sturmey Archer hubs. There are replacement lubricators (oil caps) available for the old Sturmey Archer 3 speed and other internal gear bicycle hubs...
  16. CycleTruck

Worksman M2600/INB Parts Questions

What's the actual outside diameter of a Worksman Seat Post? What size seat post clamp do I use, 1 inch or 1 1/8th inch?
  17. CycleTruck

J.C. Higgins hanging out

I went to lunch at Cracker Barrel today and spotted this hanging from the ceiling. It made lunch all that much better :)
  18. CycleTruck

Making My Own Head Badges

DANGER! I do NOT recommend that you try this. Failure to follow proper safety precautions can cause injury, blindness, death and there is a hazard of explosion from the production of hydrogen gas during this process! If you try this and cause injury or death, it's YOUR FAULT! Materials I Used...
Back