Search results

1. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

Shhh...me too!
  2. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

Other used options... Transition Klunker, ~'96 Gary Fisher Klunker, Trek (Gary Fisher) Sawyer. All the bikes I mentioned come in various sizes... except maybe the Fisher Klunker, I don't remember if they came in different sizes.
  3. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

The new Avengers are AWESOME! They are also $$$ :grin:
  4. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

A Monocog 29er (older ones are 26") in stock form... My Monocog with personal enhancements...
  5. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

A couple clarifications. A bike constructed of mild steel can be just as strong as a bike made from chromoly...it will just be heavier. Bikes made of chromoly aren't x% stronger than a mild steel version. This is because the goal for most companies is not to make the strongest frame they...
  6. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

That's why I was asking why your OM Flyer couldn't be your trail bike as it is better suited being lighter and chromoly. It's also why there is a line of people wanting to buy the OM Flyer and why the State Klunker is priced how it's priced :grin:. The bottom line... original klunkers were...
  7. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

I've done a couple big downhill rides on a coaster brake bike (with disc front). No issues from my pov either time, but on the second outing I was told by an experienced mountain biker that was with us that I was probably pissing off other mountain bikers. Locking up the brake generates a lot...
  8. RustyGold

Rant: why I have trouble supporting the LBS

Wow...I wonder who those old bike guys are going to go to when they are in the market for a new bike. I wonder who they are going to recommend when people ask them, as the bike guy, who to buy a new bike from. 'Wasting time' on a difficult customer when bikeshops are mostly empty...that's...
  9. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

It's not meant to be structural, it's low end steel. If your going mild steel for a lucky 7 type post...use solid bar.
  10. RustyGold

Am I about to bend the rules to far?

Yeah...this. Three pages of 'just do it' is two pages too many.
  11. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

Unless you are very slight, a galvanized pipe isn't going to work long. To find 22mm round bar you will need to go to a metal stock supply...and they'll probably have to order it as metric stock isn't very common.
  12. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

It's a laid back 'competition', no stress.
  13. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

Best reasons in the world :thumbsup:.
  14. RustyGold

Don't have any qualms about your forks...it's frame modifications that are the issue. There have been a myraid of Girvins, girders, moped, bent, twisted, homemade, custom made, bought, borrowed, chopped, extended, shortened, widened, narrowed, smoothed, pointed, flipped, flopped, lit on...
  15. RustyGold

The intent of the rule seems clear to me...create a more level playing ground by not allowing 'pro level fabrication or welding' on the frame. Removing a bolted on stay and replacing it with a different bolted on stay isn't a frame modification using pro level fabrication or welding...it's good...
  16. RustyGold

State 650b Klunker

Why can't you trail ride the OM Flyer? (welcome to RRB!)
  17. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

If it bolts on it's good...carry on :thumbsup:!
  18. RustyGold

The Gypsy Queen

Thank you for your service. USMC for me...'87-'91. My Brother was going for 20 in the Navy, made it to 16 and due to heart issues (that he resolved) no ship would pick him up...so he was involuntarily discharged.
  19. RustyGold

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

I have a guys and girls standard model (M-1?), nearly down to frames. If I get an opportunity this weekend I'll get a weight. I'm assuming that it will be a bit lighter than the hextube as the castings are less substantial and I'm sure the hex tubes have more meat on them.
  20. RustyGold

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡

I don't think you would find them quite stiff enough for your applications, Hamppea...and not that light either :grin:. There is a diamond frame Duralumin SilverKing... I've never seen a real one, just the ads. I'm sure it probably has some rigidity issues as well.