Search results

1. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

So I'll be cutting the front half of Muscle Spasm off. The drivetrain here feels stout enough to haul a DoorK. I'll probably be digging Dead Metal out and using the front half of it to build the burrito frame. It won't be a true burrito, I'm going to need the steering to be reasonable. I'm...
  2. GuitarlCarl

Build-Off Bike Names: Pop Culture References

Chrysler has done a pretty good job of redefining their own classic cars by reimagining their muscle cars of the past. Their Challenger is a good example of a vehicular reminder of the past that stays current. I've done multiple music names, but they have to be songs I like. Little Neutrino is a...
  3. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

I only saw it once on a TV special like 30 yrs ago and all I remember was he pedaled it out onto the stage slow. It probably had either an outrigger or something less roadworthy like a caster on the door. GC.
  4. GuitarlCarl

Wheels of Confusion

LOL let me figure that out. One inch tube on the fork + 1"&1/8 frame and headset with one inch bearings. Plus a shim in the 1"&1/8 bar clamp on the one inch fork tube... Yeah 2 1/8" sounds about right. Carl.
  5. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

I cut the weight by a good third and I've some ideas for more to remove to lose a bit more. The top bit of frame maybe and some of the inner panel for sure. Then there's the speed holes after the fact. So I'm feeling good about the build even though really just worked on the Door.K Carl.
  6. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

Thanks little brother. The powered tire will be the outrigger on the left. Unsure just yet if I'll scoop a curve into the back edge of the door, kinda like a wheel well or not. But there will be some kind of balance there. It looks like I'll be building another burrito-ish frame though. Here's a...
  7. GuitarlCarl

Wheels of Confusion

Combined a 1 inch headset with an inch and an eighth, added a shim and I'm 99% done with the mismatched headset blues. I may use these pink rims. But I'd have to relace a hub into the back wheel, I think... Cleaned up serviced and swapped on a better back tire. Now this little 24" MTB is ready...
  8. GuitarlCarl

$20 Each-5 Speed Simplex Click Stick-NOS-Poor Condition

I know I'm reaching back a bit, but if you have one left Id take it. Carl.
  9. GuitarlCarl

Red Baron

So it's NOT for sale?
  10. GuitarlCarl

Am I about to bend the rules to far?

I moved a build of mine out of Class 2 into Class 1, because I wasn't modifying the frame and to make room for a crazy idea I had for Class 2. But I usually jump in to Class 2 just on principle. I also feel if there is a question as to what I am doing then I should be in the open unlimited...
  11. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

more Doork parts So if I'm wanting to cruise along and rest my arm on the window ledge, like we do, there's going to be some major modification to any frame I use. I was imagining the door 6 to 8 inches off the ground. Even kicked back recumbent style my seat can't be much higher than that...
  12. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

26 x 3 with a crate full of parts. Everything but the batteries. Going to get the Door later today. GC.
  13. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dali. Merle.
  14. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

15. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

16. GuitarlCarl

Wheels of Confusion

Haha! There it is! No I have it still. I was just was waiting for an apropos time to post. No news yet. I work in spurts so we'll see about tomorrow... Carl.
  17. GuitarlCarl

Riff Ratt

Got a second springer fork center tube? There's your swing arm pivots. Cut the two fork tubes to length, sleeve them with a bit of pipe, zip zip with a weld and there ya go, rolling down the lane. Love the main lick in Riff Raff. I saw them a few years ago in Chicago. They were great. 3 hours...
  18. GuitarlCarl

DoorK

Yep. Not the door I'm getting but close. It's a town over at my sister's place. I think it's a driver's side Jeep pickup door. Not 100% with the name but it makes me laugh so there's that, and another hint. Think offset eTrike... GC.
  19. GuitarlCarl

Wheels of Confusion

I suppose I could've asked Steve to move it as a whole but I didn't want to bother him, so I just did a copy and paste transfer. Yep since we have 4 months I figured let's build the crazy build I've had in my mind for a long time... Carl.
  20. GuitarlCarl

Sub•Tel

Boneyard. Any axle that fits those cones oughta work. You can probably use a different set of cones. You have the correct bearings. Roll on. Carl.