Search results

1. Oak Tree

Rescued from a burn pile ...

I’m always looking to add to my Morrow collection. But I don’t pay a lot so .....
  2. Oak Tree

May the fourth be with you.

You can tell its fake cuz the astronaut doesn’t have a shadow.
  3. Oak Tree

Ok thank you for checking. Hopefully you can rebuild it. It’s a heat treated hub now, I guess.
  4. Oak Tree

Can you tell the brand on that rear skip tooth hub?
  5. Oak Tree

‘Humpster’

Be careful with that nice garage rug. They catch fire pretty quick. .....trust me on that
  6. Oak Tree

Can you powder coat chrome?

However, if your coater has a blaster that is abrasive enough to “roughen” the chrome, he may coat over the chrome. I speak from experience and my powder coated chrome still looks good. (I understand if others might disagree and deep dive into the technical details of metallurgy.)
  7. Oak Tree

Happy Easter Y’all

Where’s youtheye? Oh yea, he’s probably pretty busy today doing the Lords work. happy resurrection day y’all.
  8. Oak Tree

EMORY Beach 'N Streets

Slobber slobber. Drool drool.
  9. Oak Tree

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

Thanks gents. I really appreciate the kind words. I plan to use it as a tool because my uncle certainly used it that way. I think he would be proud of the re-worked old knife.
  10. Oak Tree

Finished Old Uncle final pics. And here is starting photo It’s been fun, y’all. I learned a lot here and am happy with the result. Keep those entries rolling in.
  11. Oak Tree

Skip tooth chain bikes at the bike co op.

A decent skippy chain can go for $70-$80. It’s worth a trip back to get em. I mean, they ain’t making them thangs no mo.
  12. Oak Tree

@Swampthing That is a fine looking piece of cutlery right there. You should post up a before and after to knock the socks off.
  13. Oak Tree

Old Uncle Update pic to show things are happening
  14. Oak Tree

Scams?

Follow your gut. you also should notify RatRod so he can “handle it”.
  15. Oak Tree

Old Uncle Sheathing stuff
  16. Oak Tree

Laser 2000

Nice! Yeah man. Mongoose stickers, you can get. Laser stickers, not so much. Is that bike shop on the shop sticker still around? If so, the old guy at the shop may be able to help.
  17. Oak Tree

Laser 2000

Cool bike. BMX Museum has several that place this around 1983ish. Others on here may be able to provide more info. I would deff clean that up and ride it. Be super careful around the stickers though cus you prob won’t find a replacement set. Was the gusset plate added or does it seem original?
  18. Oak Tree

Yes, well technically no. The white one is real liner material. The black one is cut from the Folgers coffee lid back couple pages ago cuz my uncle liked his coffee. I struggled to epoxy the handle together until I figured out that it needed the black Folgers layer in there. And now you have the...
  19. Oak Tree

Old Uncle Update pics for real