Search results

1. R

What exactly do I have here?

The other bike is a Huffy tandem I have. I bought it home. The more I look at it, it seems like it might be a Columbia.
  2. R

What exactly do I have here?

I’m usually pretty good ID’ing these things, but this one is a little different. My brother bought some property and we found this in the woods. The chainring kinda looks Columbia, but the frame kinda looks Murray-ish. It is a skiptooth bike with rear facing prewar style dropouts, but no...
  3. R

Cheap Copper

I’ve always been a fenders guy, but I love the look of this bike! It’s perfect!
  4. R

Rollfastback!

Thanks! It looked totally different in stock form.
  5. R

Rollfastback!

I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped, but I got it out together, it’s rideable, and it looks pretty cool. This was a 70’s Columbia-built Rollfast Paperboy Special. The frame resembles the Schwinn Fastback, hence the name.
  6. R

Rollfastback!

After getting into it, the canti-Rollfast was going to be more than I could handle in this timeframe. I decided to go with the single bar Rollfast. It kinda has a 66-67 Schwinn Fastback feel to it, hence the name. The decals and the original decals are pretty cool on this bike, so it has a...
  7. R

Rollfastback!

Mock-up #2. I like this frame better, but it will require way more to finish. I’m going to see how far I can get with it tomorrow and Monday. If I don’t make it, I’ll polish up the red single bar frame and enter it.
  8. R

Rollfastback!

That would be the smart thing to do, but I don’t want to mess around and get accused of that! I broke another bike down this evening and I’m going to do another mock-up before I decide which one to go with.
  9. R

Rollfastback!

Mock-up #1. I’m not sure how I feel this frame as a muscle bike...
  10. R

Super Spyder XL

That bad boy turned out awesome, Mike! It looks to be almost the exact color of my Foremost.
  11. R

Rollfastback!

Alright! After a turbulent couple months for me, I’m back and I’m going to slang together something for this. I had super big plans for a really cool build, but I’ll have to save that for later. Luckily, I ordered a Nanner seat and have a couple pairs of apes laying around, so I’m going to be...
  12. R

Super Spyder XL

That was actually a mount for a ginormous reflector! That bike had the biggest dang reflectors I’ve ever seen! :)
  13. R

Rollfastback!

I’m trying to decide what direction I want to go on this, but I’m definitely in! Trying to choose between entering 26” builds using these frames: Or using one of these for a 20” build: (And yes, those 2 clapped out twin Eliminators are 2 different bikes)
  14. R

BMX build off inspiration pics. Post yours too.

My brother and I both had a Vortex when we were kids. Very cool bike!
  15. R

BMX build off inspiration pics. Post yours too.

My son and I built this Schwinn Tornado earlier this year.
  16. R

Captain Awesomes Fresh Finds/General Ramblings

I have a later model of the Columbia-built Newsboy, but mine is badged Rollfast. It had the same fenders, bars, seat, chainring, and the fat peaked fenders.
  17. R

My junk

I redline’d it and give a throughout detailing and it is a bad boy!
  18. R

Show us your couples bike pairs.

My Rixes
  19. R

My junk

My latest build - I built the ‘66 24” Otasco Flying-O muscle for my youngest daughter. I painted it House of Kolor Voodoo Violent for her. The last pic is the bike how I started with it.
  20. R

Huffy muscle bikes

No, not yet. I did build these 2 26” muscle from Huffy built frames though.