Search results

1. Reallybigtim

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

I just found this competition. This sounds fun. I never thought this group would have a knife making competition too. I have been a flintknapper for many years. I have never made a knife out of any of my blades, but I am going to do some knapping today and see what happens. I live a half...
  2. Reallybigtim

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

I am going to see what I have in the flint buckets. Might break some rock today.
  3. Reallybigtim

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

I just found this competition. I have never made a knife but I have been flintknapping for many years. I might have to give this a try. This Egyptian Gerzean knife was a combined effort from two friends of mine. They are very good at what they do. It's made from India Fancy Jasper and moose...
  4. Reallybigtim

RRBBO16

The "Eureka" moment happened today while looking through stuff out in the garage. I know exactly what I am going to build and it's going to be obnoxious!
  5. Reallybigtim

RRBBO16

Last night I found a postwar DX that was hiding in the garage that I had forgotten about.
  6. Reallybigtim

RRBBO16

A one week build-off sounds good to me.
  7. Reallybigtim

RRBBO16

That's what I am thinking. The rear triangle off of another frame bolted on to the back of another frame. I have seen it done, but I am still waiting for that "Eureka" moment to happen in my brain.
  8. Reallybigtim

RRBBO16

I usually have a complete game plan by now for a build-off bike. Not this year. All I have is a set of wheels and tires. I make it a rule that I do no welding or painting, so I can usually build my entry in a few days. That allows me to ride it all summer and tweak it or improve on it all...
  9. Reallybigtim

RRBBO16

This is all I have so far, but I am going to try to build something out of it.
  10. Reallybigtim

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

And yes, furyus was right, that green Cheater Slick is one of my freaks. Here are some others:
  11. Reallybigtim

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

That looks great! I would definitely mount the seat lower and back further (and get rid of the seat post). You have the advantage of being able to mount the seat between the rear wheels. A tractor seat would look cool. Keep it low but not too far back. I would also use the higher apes and...
  12. Reallybigtim

Nexus 7-Speed Schwinn cream cruiser wheels (complete system)

Sorry. I haven't been checking this site very often. It is typically 1/2" wider than the standard bicycle frame spacing. Most frames will stretch that 1/2" without permanently bending them outward. I had it test mounted and test ridden on a Monark Silver King aluminum frame with no problems...
  13. Reallybigtim

FOUND: CWC frame or rear triangle

Just let me know if it doesn't work out. I will cut it up and send it to you just for the cost of shipping. (1953 frame)
  14. Reallybigtim

Nexus 7-Speed Schwinn cream cruiser wheels (complete system)

One of the best multi-speed coaster brake systems ever made. Only made in '97-8 with the internal hub on the Schwinn Cruiser 7. The bike this system came from was owned by an older gentleman that said he only rode it a few times. It just hung in his garage for over 20 years. The bike rode and...
  15. Reallybigtim

FOUND: CWC frame or rear triangle

I have a frame that would be perfect for what you want to do.
  16. Reallybigtim

The race to a million by 2022!

I'm here, Matti. Thanks for your concern. Currently dealing with some serious psychological issues. Not really building bikes anymore. I still have all of my stuff. Everything is for sale if anyone is interested. Make an awesome deal for someone if they want to take it all. Probably have...
  17. Reallybigtim

BO15 A Step-Through Time---Changing projects for build-off

I am doing a little better. Thanks for all the well-wishes.
  18. Reallybigtim

BO15 A Step-Through Time---Changing projects for build-off

I have completely lost interest in bikes right now. Focusing on selling stuff due to health issues.
  19. Reallybigtim

BO15 HOMEMADE SHINE has a totally different look!

Let me know when you get the fenders and chainguard. And I want to see them when they are finished and on the bike!