Search results

1. RustyGold

Knife buildoff challenge

I couldn't think how to word the answer to that question...yours is about perfect :thumbsup:.
  2. RustyGold

Avid Mountainbiker from Frederick, Md. bitten by the Rat Rod / vintage bug

Welcome to RRB! Good looking Schwinn :thumbsup:! Jason
  3. RustyGold

Early 60’s Esthetic

American Graffiti may represent the graduation class of '62...but, it is the movie that best represents my High School experience, though I graduated in '87. Dazed and Confused also reminds me a lot of my HS years...
  4. RustyGold

Knife buildoff challenge

I only have grade 1 around here...and only in round stock ... soooo, nope :blush:.
  5. RustyGold

Knife buildoff challenge

Aluminum blades... I'll pass :grin:.
  6. RustyGold

Knife buildoff challenge

Carol, and Melvin, Ember are well respected anthropologists...but, they don't necessarily represent the consensus view. They've been consistent in their more war like view, over 40years. I don't agree with her overall view, and it is mostly due to definitions. She divides 'foragers' into...
  7. RustyGold

Knife buildoff challenge

Right...no farming, no need for war (competition for resources). Also, what enabled war to progress from small scale to standing armies hundreds of thousands to millions strong? The potato.
  8. RustyGold

Back in the saddle again!

Welcome to RRB! Went in for my third set of stents in June...left with triple bypass...keep on pedaling :thumbsup:! Jason
  9. RustyGold

Old member, back again.

Welcome back! Cool rides :thumbsup:! Jason
  10. RustyGold

Hello from Fort Bragg California

Welcome to RRB! Also a fan of SE rides :thumbsup:! Jason
  11. RustyGold

1957 Schwinn Corvette

Welcome to RRB! Looking forward to seeing the Corvette :thumbsup:! Jason
  12. RustyGold

New from the Pacific Northwest

Welcome to RRB :thumbsup:. Also a PNW'r...in Oregon. Jason
  13. RustyGold

GT Harley Davidson NOS Build.

I like the blue walls better :thumbsup:.
  14. RustyGold

Knife buildoff challenge

Disagree... farming is the worst human invention so far, as the shift from hunter-gatherer to agriculture is 'the root of all evils'.
  15. RustyGold

Flora, fauna

Yesterday, at a golf resort we were staying at (Central Oregon). ...they are obviously fully aware that either... A) hunting season is over. B) the resort is a safe zone. ...or more likely, all of the above. This was at the start of a paved trail with a road running right by, fair amount of...
  16. RustyGold

Ashtabula Stamped Crank and Quill Stem

You don't have to peddle through the turns :grin:. If you are klunkin' it, with bmx forks and some meaty tires you would probably be okay. I'd test it out for you, but don't currently have a DX complete/roller.
  17. RustyGold

Cook Brothers current value

Selling for more than their weight in silver, currently. If you are in to bikes, than tracking down the parts and building it up could be considered fun. But, if you are just looking to cash in...it probably isn't worth the hassle as parts are big bucks and hard to come by. It is worth hanging...
  18. RustyGold

Ashtabula Stamped Crank and Quill Stem

I think all the stamped Ashtabula cranks are 7" (178mm).
  19. RustyGold

STOLEN!! Please keep a eye out

Good luck, Skip... I'll keep eyes open and fingers crossed!
  20. RustyGold

What have you been riding lately?

Weird looking bike shoes.