Search results

1. Alan Griffin

Schwinn Speedster what year?

Thanks Wildcat! That does look like a 4! I don't plan on start removing paint, but will take another look at the dropout to see if that's really there or just the way it looks in the photo.
  2. Alan Griffin

Maybe he has MY serial number on his bike!
  3. Alan Griffin

The numbers on the rear hub are 70 5. May 1970. Was it 1970 that they switched from the number on the drop out to the head tube?
  4. Alan Griffin

Thanks for the suggestion Rusty Gold! I took the rear wheel off and check the inside of the right drop out. No markings there either. I'm still stumped on why I can not find a serial number, but still want to date check everything on it I can. What would a 70 Sturmey Archer hub have as a date code?
  5. Alan Griffin

Thanks for all the replies! The guy I bought it from looked at the rear hub and identified it as a 70. When I got it home I adjusted the height of the stem and saw it was a dated 70. So far I believe it to be an original survivor from 1970. (Except for the tires of course, which I can live with...
  6. Alan Griffin

It only has one reflector on the whole bike. One small round one on the rear fender. No reflectors on the pedals front nor any on the wheels.
  7. Alan Griffin

Correction: the numer stamped on the right dropout is "J80".
  8. Alan Griffin

I did find what appears to be 080 stamped on the right side drop out.
  9. Alan Griffin

I just picked up this Speedster, but can't find a serial number on the head tube or the left rear drop out. Is there any other place it could be? It's blue, has a camelback frame ans 26" S5 wheel. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  10. Alan Griffin

3 Speed Speedster

Did you ever get your 26 or 27 inch camel back frame?
  11. Alan Griffin

Schwinn camelback frame differences (varsity/collegiate vs. speedster/racer)

Is it safe to assume that the frame that can take 27" rims is a middle weight frame and the one that uses 26" rims is a light weigh frame?
  12. Alan Griffin

green schwin women's 26"

Surfing ebay this morning I found this, and it's green. Vintage Schwinn Bicycle Frame - Breeze 19" Frame for 26" Wheels - 3 Speed
  13. Alan Griffin

need a slik chik frame and fork

This is currently on ebay, but it doesn't have the fork. BA Build 1965 Schwinn Girl's RED Stingray Slik Chik Coaster Frame For Project
  14. Alan Griffin

Schwinn 24" Camelback frame and fork

Does anyone have a 24" camelback frame and fork? I have some stuff I could trade, or could buy outright. Campus Green or Sky Blue would be my first choices for color, but any would be considered. Thanks.
  15. Alan Griffin

green schwin women's 26"

I have a 24" Green girls frame that has a 3 spd hub. Its currently a complete bike, but I am planning to use the parts for another project.
  16. Alan Griffin

need a slik chik frame and fork

Are the Slik Chik and Fair Lady frame and forks the same?
  17. Alan Griffin

Manta Racer MBBO class 2

That's a cool bike! I didn't know Schwinn made the Speedster. Now I want one!
  18. Alan Griffin

Jokers Wild

Ok, just went back and checked the dead line.....sorry to say Saturdays going to be too late :doh:. I may work on it anyway and post some pic's after the dead line.
  19. Alan Griffin

Jokers Wild

I got busy and haven't done anymore to this. When is the deadline again? Maybe I can throw some paint on it Saturday.