Search results

1. stik70

Spaceliner frame, Blast Off!!

Today, a friend I met in grade school (because he rode a sweet Schwinn SX100), dropped off this frame for me. What a cool dude! I think I'll harvest some parts off something from the same era and ride it. The license is from '69-70, how cool is that!
  2. stik70

Giants need love too...

My 1990 Giant Boulder I've owned since it was a few months old. I worked in a bike shop and bought this with some parts missing on it. It went to college with me and many other adventures. 5 yrs ago, i pulled it out of storage, went through it, and put some different bars and michelin rock...
  3. stik70

Schwinn Deluxe Hornet (beautiful restoration)

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/bik/d/urbandale-vintage-schwinn/7172025765.html
  4. stik70

Seat Post Lightening, an exercise in futility

I'm having fun with my new $15 -730 I picked up a couple weeks ago. When I was a kid and working in bike shops, I was always lightening components. Man, I'll never grow up. Performance increase? Nope. Nice day in the shop, yep
  5. stik70

The General

I am 48 and haven't bought a vintage bike since I was in my early 20's. However, during that phase, I bought 4 Monarks, an Elgin, Hiawatha, and a wooden rim bicycle. Also acquired pieces and parts along the way. I started work in a hardware store that had a Schwinn franchise when i was 13 and...
  6. stik70

New from the midwest

Hi, Happy to be accepted to the forum. I have a gaggle of Monark's, an Elgin, and a wooden rim Winton. I am currently making a custom from a rough Monark General. Thanks for letting me join! Stik