Search results

1. Verrt

The race to a million by 2022!

Only 75,000 more and RRB hits a million messages! Can we do it in 2021? We should have a party.
  2. Verrt

You know you have a problem with bicycles when...

You're in your kitchen and think... That would make a nice shifter Hmm, headlight housing? I dunno what I could use this for, but it seems like it should go on a bike :39: What regular items have you got around your house that you always think you could turn into bicycle parts?
  3. Verrt

Bicycles with motorcycle headlights

Doing some research for my own build. Post pics of your bikes that have motorcycle headlights on them. Extra info like what size headlight, fork spacing, battery, wiring challenges, battery life, how bright, etc. would be grand.
  4. Verrt

What pic on google images first sucked you in to RRB?

For me it was this one. I can't remember who built it or find the thread. But at the time the only 'custom' bikes I was vaguely aware of was low riders and maybe muscle bikes from old tv shows, but I didn't even know they had a name. I was looking into putting apes on my mountain bike because...
  5. Verrt

Improving the Aldi bike stand

I got this stand from Aldi about four years ago, and I've seen that others here have them too. It's pretty good considering that I paid beans for it, but not without its quirks. Recently the clamp that holds the main arm and controls rotating the bike forward or back (relative to the bike...
  6. Verrt

"Modular" tire.

Um... wut? Ok, discuss.
  7. Verrt

BMX build off inspiration pics. Post yours too.

BMX from the 80s & 90s owned by my cousins. Fist two pics taken back in the day, last one taken this year of a survivor.
  8. Verrt

Wood frame bicycle

This is cool. Never seen one before. Found it on the bike wall. 1896 apparently. Someone on RRB should buy it and build it out so I can watch :bigsmile: Listing here https://www.ebay.com/itm/174422671918
  9. Verrt

PayPal Cash?

Has anyone set up a PayPal Cash account? What's the deal with it? Only found out because now PayPal wants my SSN before it hands over my money.
  10. Verrt

Cantilever mini-velo

Anyone made a mini-velo out of a vintage or not so vintage cantilever frame (or other cool non diamond frame)? Classic mini-velo for reference
  11. Verrt

Have you ever used...

NuVinci N330 or N360 internal geared hub? Good, bad, average? How do that compare to Sturmey and Shimanos? https://www.amazon.com/Fallbrook-Technologies-NuVinci-Internal-Bicycle/dp/B07MMNWW7X
  12. Verrt

Full grip twist shifter

A twist grip shifter but the full grip rotates, kinda like the throttle on a motorbike. Has anyone made, seen, or used one? Pros? Cons? Looking for thoughts on the concept rather than the exact one pictured here.
  13. Verrt

Suggest a frame

I have a set of 26x3 kenda flames sitting around, taking up space, and looking cool. But nothing I own can fit these monsters. What's cool frame, not to pricey, to look out for that will take these tires?
  14. Verrt

Flooded basement. Bicycles to the rescue.

This evening when I headed to the basement I heard a noise you really don't want to hear from there.. running water. I go down to find a river running across my basement floor slowly turning into a lake. We've just had some massive rains and clearly the town's waste water system isn't keeping...
  15. Verrt

Sleeping Giant

I started, but couldn't finish, this bike in the 2018 build off and haven't really worked on a bike since except for maintenance. Now, new house, new workshop, and thanks to COVID I have a little extra time and got to spend an evening working on bikes I made a little more progress. Lets hope...
  16. Verrt

24x3.00 tire - FOUND

Looking for something with a "vintage" or car/motorcycle style tread, no flames. Black wall. Thick brick, berm master or similar. Hoping to not pay a million dollars for it, but if you have anything that meets the description I'd like to take a look. Worst I can say is nah.
  17. Verrt

RRBBO13 The Giant Killer - Tapping Out :(

Starting a little late, but it just so happened that when I finally decided to spend some time and money on a bike, the RRBO 13 was happening! So this will be my first Build Off, and I guess my first "real" build thread on Rat Rods. My plan is to turn my wife's old beach cruiser into a chopper...
  18. Verrt

I drew some bikes! (and put them on tees)

I've gotten into drawing bikes over the last little while and thought I'd share them with you guys. Here's a sweet '41 Elgin built by @Onewheelsqueel now owned by @Pookie42 Build thread here Next is @Skipton 's awesome Commuter Rat Schwinn Build thread here Last one for today is my...
  19. Verrt

Who would you vote for if...

Who would you vote for if you only had ONE vote? This Is a tough question, and completely voluntary. If you wanna keep you votes secret that's cool. But my intention with this is to send the builder of you favourite out of 88 awesome bikes a little extra love and kudos. Let em know, if you...
  20. Verrt

Sears Spaceliner question

Do the rear dropouts on a Sears Spaceliner detach at all? I see in some photos it looks like there's a bolt or something at each point where the frame meet the dropout can they be removed and reattached?