Search results

1. schwinn boy

I don’t even know where to begin. Monarks, Silver kings, Elgins and more!

I had kind of gone MIA from this site for a few months, I worked for the census and I didn’t have much time for hobbies. This storage unit of 38 bikes and pile of parts found me recently, I plan on selling 99% of it once I sort it all out. The neat thing about this western flyer...
  2. schwinn boy

Fever Dream

When it’s too hot to ride a bike in Phoenix and my hands are idle I get some weird ideas. So I sold my Hawthorne Twin Bar the other day. The guy has all the correct parts for it and will do it justice, so I’ll be keeping my parts that I used to build it. I’ve had this other prewar that I think...
  3. schwinn boy

BO15 Pee Wee’s Big Adventure Schwinn DX build!

I’ve had this 1941 Schwinn DX around for about five or six years now and it’s time to do something with it. When I bought this bike it was painted a gross dark gray color, and all the chrome was painted a light gray color. I was going to rat it, then I was going to make it a little shiny and...
  4. schwinn boy

Prewar Schwinn Excelsior

I bought my oldest Schwinn yet. Late 1930s Schwinn Excelsior. I plan on rebuilding it and making it rideable as is. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. schwinn boy

Show off your baskets!

Show off that shamelessly utilitarian addition to your bike. Steel, wicker, wood, plastic, all are welcome. Here’s my ugly basket: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. schwinn boy

WANTED ELGIN TANK

I’m looking for a tank for my March build off bike. Rusty and ratty preferred, dents are fine, missing brackets are fine. The bike I have in need of a tank is a 1939 Elgin long tank, there are a couple differences in these frames for different years so we would need to converse about...
  7. schwinn boy

Wheaties licence plate blowout!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/alonsdere/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= Check out My ebay page, I have 40 wheaties plates for sale from the 1950s 1960s and 70s. I have about 40 more and more will be listed every day. let me know you're from this site and I'll give you a great deal.
  8. schwinn boy

Show Me Your Beater Bike

I'll start us off with my Grant's department store bike. It was found in a scrap pile by a friend and I've revived it with a nexus 3 and parts from six or seven different bikes. I have had it for almost three years and am coming up on 1200 miles on this. It's ugly enough that a cheap lock works...
  9. schwinn boy

Chainguard ID

All I know about it is that it was found under a house along with a teardrop pedal. It's going onto my march build off bike but I'd like to know what it came from.
  10. schwinn boy

Show me your Kick Scooters

Homemade, restored, ratty yard art, ANY scooter in any condition. Bonus points for adult sized ones. I'd like to build one and need ideas.
  11. schwinn boy

Cheapest New Bike in America

Not the usual thing here, I was just given this minty women's Roadmaster Granite Peak. I plan on riding it hard and never locking it. When I get bored with it, I'll give it away to someone that needs it. Edit; Photobucket is blurring my photos so here is the imgur link
  12. schwinn boy

What do you do with old chains?

A waste product of being into bikes is worn out chains. I've been saving them because I feel like something creative can be done with them, however I haven't come up with anything. What can I be making with them? What have you made?
  13. schwinn boy

EAA Airventure WW2 theme 30 Day Build

I will be at the EAA Air show in Oshkosh Wisconsin for a week as a WW2 reenactor, A bicycle would close the distance between the camp and the museum and allow me to attend more events. This bike doesn't have to be a perfect re creation of a military bike, it just has to pass as period correct to...
  14. schwinn boy

Pre war frames

I bought these two frames and was told they were schwinns, the tan one might be but i'm not sure about the green. not sure if it's for 26" or 28"
  15. schwinn boy

Strava Groups for old bikes?

UPDATE: It's called Clunkin' Cruisin' and it's a public group anyone can join I was looking around on that app for a group to join, but they all seem like different versions of serious road bike groups. Do any of you know of a coaster brake or old bike strava group? Do any of you use strava?
  16. schwinn boy

All of my finds from this week

I bought quite a few womens bikes this weekend from a collector who wants to downsize, He gave me really fair prices on these because he knows I need to make money too. This is the first, worst three of I think eleven. I'm going to try to get the 24" skiptooth hung up in a brewery, If you stop...
  17. schwinn boy

1939 Elgin long tank

picked this up for $20 the other day, It will be a good start for a daily rider but for now it will be hanging in my room. just cant say no to weird old frames that i'll probably never get to.
  18. schwinn boy

Free Bikes and Frames in Scottsdale AZ

free frames and bikes, local pickup only but I could meet you if close. gotta get rid of junk to make room for more junk. the steel Giant frame is cracked, the murray frame is bent in the usual step through weak spot, and the bmx was decommissioned by a local bike charity who doesn't like...
  19. schwinn boy

ORBO ROCK CRAWLER

1968 huffy eldorado. I'm going to let the pictures do the talking
  20. schwinn boy

Clean crusty bearings?

I'm sick of using gasoline and a brush. anyone got quicker, more effective methods?