Search results

1. SSG

old BMX, what would be a good price?

It's a Columbia built frame, it was probably a muscle bike like the Columbia Coyote? I'd probably offer something like $30.
  2. SSG

JC Higgins model and date help please

What is the number in the circle on the front hub, that could be a date code. There should be a date stamped on the middle of the bottom bracket spindle, but that's a lot of work just to look at.
  3. SSG

Dumpster Diamond is DONE!

Great job . The wood tank turned out great.
  4. SSG

old muscle bike. any ideas on brand/model?

Did the seller double the asking price from ten to twenty?
  5. SSG

Beiwagenmaschine Type II (now with riding video)

The nice thing about the bare look is that it doesn't hide all the work that was done. I dig it.
  6. SSG

motor munday

Great photos. It would be awesome to ride with a group like that.
  7. SSG

Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

The attention to detail on this bike is just nuts.
  8. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I went out for a quick ride tonight and picked up a hitchhiker.
  9. SSG

Bulk chain numbers?

410 is 1/2x1/8 so it'll work for coaster brake/single speed bikes. It's also what's used (or was used) on some garage door openers. I asked my local garage door place if they ever ended up with any used garage door chain that came out of old installations, but they said no so I guess it's either...
  10. SSG

XLR8

I don't really have a good way of shooting a video other than holding my phone in one hand.
  11. SSG

BO15 XLR8

It's just a fixed rod to secure the arm in place, but it does emulate the look of a brake rod on a motorcycle. The brake arm can't fit horizontally because of the swing-arm design. I mounted it with the arm vertically and then there is an adjuster on the other side of the rod to take into...
  12. SSG

XLR8

This bike features functional front and rear suspension and a feet forward seating position for superior comfort, even in the roughest post-apocalyptic road conditions. It started with a vintage exercise bike frame. XLR8 Build Thread.
  13. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I finished up the brake rod this morning. It's done!
  14. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I got the frame painted and assembled. All I have to do now is fabricate a strap for the coaster brake arm.
  15. SSG

20" wheels that aren't 20"

Bicycle tires use a terrible measuring system since it goes by the outside diameter of the tire and not the rim diameter. It's easiest to use the ISO number to differentiate similar but non-interchangable tires. Your bmx tires are probably ISO 406 and it sounds like your triumph uses 20x1 3/8...
  16. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I still need to get a seat mounted and clean and grease the headset and crank bearings.
  17. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I'm in a bit of a rush to get all the odds and ends sorted out. I cleaned up the fork and painted it. Painted the bars and stem too. I'm throwing this MMVZ badge on just for fun.
  18. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I got my chain in the mail and got the top tube welded in. I kinda rushed it so I didn't get any in-progress photos. 10ft of kmc chain should be plenty. Here is the method I use to "cheat" when i'm fabricating stuff from square tube or angle iron. I cut a wood scrap on a miter saw to figure out...