Search results

1. Rat Rod

BLUE ANGELS TEXAS FLYOVER

The Blue Angels made a flyover the Dallas/Fort Worth area today to honor the healthcare workers and first responders to the Covid 19 pandemic. Managed to get a quick video as they flew directly over us.
  2. Rat Rod

BUILD OFF 15 RULES - READ FIRST!!!

Build Off Rules Bike build must begin on or after May 1st, 2020. This isn't a bike show...it's a build off competition. The point is to build a bike and document the progress in the time frame given. You can only enter one bike per class in the build off (can change bikes once if needed) Start...
  3. Rat Rod

BUILD OFF 15 SHIRTS

Now available in several colors in the RRB Store in both "Regular Fit" and "Modern Fit" shirt styles. Click an option to shop Regular Fit Build Off 15 Shirt Modern Fit Build Off 15 Shirt
  4. Rat Rod

Build Off Rules Bike build must begin on or after May 1st, 2020. This isn't a bike show...it's a build off competition. The point is to build a bike and document the progress in the time frame given. You can only enter one bike per class in the build off (can change bikes once if needed) Start...
  5. Rat Rod

6. Rat Rod

7. Rat Rod

R.I.P. - JIM "CHAINSAW" JOHNSON

From the Freakbiker Unite FB Group... "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have to say that we lost a great friend today. Jim "Chainsaw" Johnson was and is a very important and integral part of the Freakbike community. He was a founding member of the Freakbike Militia, The...
  8. Rat Rod

YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED - DONE!!! - THANKS!!!

After completing the forum software upgrade last weekend which took quite a bit longer than expected, the development bill turned out to be a bit on the hefty side. If you have the ability to donate any amount towards to cost of the upgrade, I would greatly appreciate it. If you don’t have the...
  9. Rat Rod

SPRING - 1950

10. Rat Rod

FOLKS VIEWING FORUM ON PHONES

Would like to know who all is looking at the forum on their mobile device. Curious how this version of the forum compares to the last version. One of the reasons I chose to make the switch was making the forum easier to use in a mobile browser.
  11. Rat Rod

NEW FORUM SOFTWARE LIVE

Spent the entire day launching the new upgraded version of the forum software. The version we were using before was about 3 years old and severely outdated. Not just from a look and feel perspective, but from a security and stability perspective. There were server issues that were becoming a...
  12. Rat Rod

69 SCHWINN PEA PICKER

Connected with a FB follower a few months ago about a 69 Pea Picker that he had bought new as a kid in Canyon, Texas. I offered to buy the bike from him, but he wasn't quite ready to let go of it then. I touched base with him last week and he said that he was ready to sell. We worked out a deal...
  13. Rat Rod

100th ANNIVERSARY BLACK PHANTOM

Did some horse trading with @KevinM over the weekend and ended up with a 1995 100th Anniversary Schwinn Black Phantom that was still new in the box. I had one of these about four years ago and wrote and article about it here. Ended up taking it out and putting it together. Not sure whether I'll...
  14. Rat Rod

IT WAS A GOOD WEEK

Last week I picked up three survivors...all from different sellers. An April 1964 DeLuxe Sting-Ray in coppertone with all 63 parts, a 75 Kawasaki BX-200 and an 81 Mongoose Special Edition Freemag. All of these were local and in untouched original condition. And if that wasn't...
  15. Rat Rod

NIRVE SKULLS CRUISER

This one popped up on the FB marketplace near me for $100. Contacted the seller 19 hours after it was listed and as I suspected, someone was coming that evening to pick it up. They said they would let me know if the deal didn't work out. Received a message later in the day saying it was mine if...
  16. Rat Rod

SOLD FELT 26" x 50mm CRUISER WHEEL SET

Selling a used set of Felt polished aluminum 26" x 50mm wheels. They don't make these anymore and they should fit most modern cruisers and balloon tire bikes with 2.125" tires. Axle nuts end caps have come off, but still work fine. Asking $325 shipped in the U.S.
  17. Rat Rod

BROOKS B67 FOR $75 SHIPPED ON AMAZON

Just wanted to give folks a heads up that Amazon is running a deal on mens black Brooks B67 saddles for only $75 shipped if you're a Prime member... https://amzn.to/35NcQIh
  18. Rat Rod

SITE URL CHANGE - SECURE LINK

Recently I made sure the site and forum were secure per most web browser standards. Be sure to use https instead of http in all of your bookmarked links to the site. This will keep your browser from alerting you of an insecure connection. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Rat Rod

MBBO & WBO 2019 RULES

Off season build-off is on again! Combined MBBO (Muscle Bike Build-Off) and WBO. (Winter Build-Off) Class 1 as per usual MBBO: The 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 options: 1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both.) 2: Banana seat. 3: Muscle bike...