Doc Holliday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Doc Holliday"

A 1937 Rollfast (I think) with a 2-speed hub. This will be my last Build Off and last build for a looooooong time.

Looks like you are gonna go out with a big bang.
Love that frame and that two speed shifter is wicked

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Doc had some "deconstructive surgery" today after soaking in PB. Most everything came off or apart but it looks like the crankset will have to be cut and I'm not finding the master link to remove the chain. Not sure I'm going to be able to use the chain guard either. It's been bent up a couple times and is pretty rusted.
Good thing I had my helper today to keep me smiling!

Good luck with that crank.
I also hope you are able to straighten that guard out enough to use it

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Good luck with that crank.
I also hope you are able to straighten that guard out enough to use it

I've got another chainguard I've had laying around awhile that I think will look good on this build with some nice detail work to it.

Today I've been trying to figure out the best way to modify the seat post/mount and still accomplish the look I want and removing the ND 2-speed hub from the original rim.

Last edited:
That's a cool hub. Looks like it might clean up pretty good. Is there a master link in those pics? One of the short links looks like it has longer pins.

If you're seeing something that looks like a master link then you're doing better than me. I haven't taken the chain off the frame yet because I can find a master link, but then again, I've never tried to carefully disassemble a skip tooth chain before.

Latest posts

Back