You've got mail!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if this is the same Skov on MAS? I'm guessing you're in the UK from the deck? If it is, small world! I'm on there sometimes, just under my work screen name.
Yes, that's me. Well spotted, I am in the uk, near to Cambridge.
Good to see another MASer on here!

IMG_20160426_193658071_HDR.jpg

Slow progress... Finalised the bars now. Had to tone down / turn down the horns to make it rideable. I still like them though.

Ill take a set of those bars unpainted!!!! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

The weather was looking good for the weekend, and I was getting desperate to take her out for a test ride, so I quickly knocked up a temporary seat on Friday night.
I want the final seat to have a backrest too, but this will do for now.
I took her on a little trip to the local supermarket yesterday, and she rides great!
I don't think I'd want to take her anywhere hilly, but she makes a great cruiser, so smooth!
IMG_20160507_141316546.jpg

IMG_20160507_141224186.jpg

If you look closely you might spot the sticker with her new name on. She's now known as "White Lightning" :D

Still haven't finished the seat yet...
I got sidetracked at the weekend and started making a kid trailer to go with it :D

IMG_20160517_063633258.jpg

To give credit where it's due, it's heavily inspired by (or rather a blatant rip off of!) an instructables project I found:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Custom-bike-trailer-haul-your-kid-in-style/

Planning to do mine white with a black racing stripe :cool2:

I've been having a little re-think on the seat/sissy combo.
I spotted this for sale fairly cheap, and currently waiting for it to arrive:
seat.png

Might save me the trouble of making another one if it looks ok on the bike.
Whilst I'm at it I think I might shorten the sissy bar as the current one makes it awkward getting the bike in and out of the garage...

I've been having a little re-think on the seat/sissy combo.
I spotted this for sale fairly cheap, and currently waiting for it to arrive:
View attachment 25057
Might save me the trouble of making another one if it looks ok on the bike.
Whilst I'm at it I think I might shorten the sissy bar as the current one makes it awkward getting the bike in and out of the garage...
I like the long sissy bar, adds that 70s vibe. Looking for tha lava lamp to go with it...

Hmm, lava lamp is tempting!

I'm in two minds with the sissy bar now. The seat arrived but the holes don't come close the the current bar - they're way too far forward.
I also realised the bar doesn't get in the way if I just take the bike out of the garage backwards (rather than trying to turn it around on it's back wheel) :blush:
Either way I want to get the trailer finished before I worry about it.

Thanks 12gaugesage!
I like to think of it as my "muscular shopper" :D

I thought I'd have a look at the seat again today whilst the paint was drying on the trailer. I then somehow got sidetracked and ended up welding a pair of top tubes into the frame.
Made a bit of a mess of my dubious paint job, but it looks a little more manly now!
(and even less likely to be recognised by the postie, lol :bandit:)

Last edited:
Thanks 12gaugesage!
I like to think of it as my "muscular shopper" :D

I thought I'd have a look at the seat again today whilst the paint was dying on the trailer. I then somehow got sidetracked and ended up welding a pair of top tubes into the frame.
Made a bit of a mess of my dubious paint job, but it looks a little more manly now!
(and even less likely to be recognised by the postie, lol :bandit:)
Looking forward to the pics!

Luke.

The patient's recovering well from her impromptu surgery!
IMG_20160601_114446236.jpg

Still need to figure out what to do with the seat though!

Latest posts

Back