GIRL BIKES: NOT JUST FOR PARTS ANYMORE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Latest homepage article about Jim Henderson's magical tank conversion kits.

Click here to check it out

tank.jpg

The TRM tank would most likely not exist if it weren't for this forum, plain and simple.

I found this site in the Fall of 2012 while researching ideas for a bike that I was thinking about building at the time. I had no idea that there were so many others out there that had the same appreciation for customizing old bikes as I did, and that this forum was the place to hang out and share ideas about it! It was this site that kept fanning the flames and lead me to buying the Spaceliner that later sparked the whole tank idea.

For all of this I'd like to thank Steve for creating such a friendly and positive place for bringing folks together in this hobby of ours and for posting this article for me. Be Blessed my friend!

This is definitely the nicest and most positive Internet forum I've ever been on.
I'm still a bit upset about how much time and money it has inspired me to waste! I've got a garage full of bikes... and I don't even ride bikes!!

I've sent more girls frames to the salvage yard than you can imagine. This may be a better option. Have to admit, pretty cool. Gary

Was thinking maybe a ladies Pashley bike like a Sovereign may be a good contender also!

Have not seen the parts in person but if they are anything like the beautiful mold he made they look like they are going to be high quality. Going to have to figure out a build for it I think. Price?

Have not seen the parts in person but if they are anything like the beautiful mold he made they look like they are going to be high quality. Going to have to figure out a build for it I think. Price?
Thanks g-ratter. The tanks are as high quality as I can make them. There's very little prep that has to be done before they are ready for paint. The white Spaceliner pictured in the article has a tank straight out of the molds with nothing done to them except mounting on the bike. There's a link in my signature line that will take you to my for sale post that has all of the info about purchasing them.
Jim
I guess I never saw girl's bikes "as just for parts". I have always seen girl's bikes and think of them as anything else I run across in general and simply think "What can I do to make this cooler?".
R-man has made a great product that will answer that question for lots of folks, but the idea that previously girl's bikes had nothing to offer is a foreign concept to me.
Thanks Clint. I think the title and also what's said in the article is more of a generalization about how girl bikes are generally looked over in favor of boy bikes. There are some really wonderful old step through bikes that are awesome just as they where intended. But just as Gary admitted above, a lot of girl bikes have been bought for the sole purpose of stripping the good stuff from them and selling the frame for scrap or cutting it up just for the tubing etc, etc.

I know you, so I know that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know! :) Just trying to clarify that it was not meant to be taken literally.

Of course it did. :21:

As Boltnut,

Do you still want to go after Steve for using your phrase without paying now, or just let him have that one?

I rode this bike today and wow, more than just a looker! Nice ride all around and that patina will blow your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great article guys. I've been talking with Jim for weeks about one of these tanks. I really need to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back