First Ever! Chattanooga Halloweeen Lunch Ride Oct 31, 2015

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Ever Chattanooga Halloween Lunch Ride Saturday, October 31, 2015 on the River Walk Greenway in Chattanooga TN. We encourage everyone to come out and enjoy a 16 mile Bike ride, round trip, on one of the most scenic bicycle Greenways in TN. We will meet at Chickamauga Dam at 9:30 am to unload and prepare our bikes and ourselves for the ride and pull out sharply at 10 am. Be sure when you get to the Dam to ride up into the last parking area, it is less congestive and more room to park and still the beginning of the Greenway. We will ride to downtown Chattanooga have lunch and ride back. We encourage everyone to decorate your bike and yourself for Halloween and lets all have a great time spooking ourselves on a great ride. We look forward to seeing hundreds of bikes there, so don't miss it.

Anyone that's thinking about coming out but might be a little intimidated by the length of the ride. Don't worry! There are entry points to the riverwalk about every mile or so between the dam and downtown. Feel free to park closer to downtown and pick up the ride when we reach you if you're not up to the full ride. In actuality, if we go to Buffalo Wild Wings, the ride is probably closer to 14 miles. Some of the other places we've eaten in the past have been a little further out.

Also, this isn't a pub crawl, so it's a 100% family friendly ride. If you've never ridden the Chattanooga riverwalk, it's a beautiful area. The majority of the ride is level or mild rolling hills... only one hill really presents any challenge. We've had riders from 6 years of age to 70 years of age make this exact same trip with us and they all had a great time. We usually stop for a breather at least once (twice if you count the top of that big hill ;) ) going both directions. There are clean restrooms every mile or mile and half or so. This is a "no drop" ride. If for some reason someone has a mechanical failure, we'll work to get you going again, or at the least make sure someone comes back to pick you and your bike up from the nearest trail access so you aren't stuck walking all the way back to the dam.

This sounds awesome, I wish that I could be there!
Ironically I will be in Chattanooga later that day for a show but probably not early enough for the ride. Maybe if I can get there by lunch I could rent one of those 'Bike Chattanooga' bikes and join in after lunch.:)

If anyone is hanging around that night, come out to the Revelry Room next to the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I will be playing drums with the Jess Goggins Band at 9:30 opening for Soul Mechanic.

Just a bump to say the weather is supposed to be great for a Halloween Ride Saturday. Upper 60's to lower 70's in Temps and the rain is not supposed to move into town until after 8 pm on Saturday evening. If you have never ridden the River Walk in Chattanooga, there is no better way to start than with a group of friends who will help you along the way. We would love to see a great turn out so don't miss it! We meet around 9:30 am to unload and prepare for the ride and pull out at 10 am sharp! All types of bikes are welcomed and we have seen all types of bikes make the ride and do fine from single speed Cruisers to 21 speed mountain bikes to full custom choppers. We all look forward to meeting everyone.

First Ever Chattanooga Halloween Lunch Ride Saturday, October 31, 2015 on the River Walk Greenway in Chattanooga TN. We encourage everyone to come out and enjoy a 16 mile Bike ride, round trip, on one of the most scenic bicycle Greenways in TN. We will meet at Chickamauga Dam at 9:30 am to unload and prepare our bikes and ourselves for the ride and pull out sharply at 10 am. Be sure when you get to the Dam to ride up into the last parking area, it is less congestive and more room to park and still the beginning of the Greenway. We will ride to downtown Chattanooga have lunch and ride back. We encourage everyone to decorate your bike and yourself for Halloween and lets all have a great time spooking ourselves on a great ride. We look forward to seeing hundreds of bikes there, so don't miss it.

Hope things go well.
I hear they're putting a bike trail: between ,Chattanooga , and Atlanta.

The news of a bike trail from Chattanooga to Atlanta sounds awesome. I Love the Rails to Trails. I rode a new one to me last week from Elizabethton TN to Johnson City (20 miles round trip). They are supposed to lengthen the River Walk in Chattanooga in the near future as well. For those who may not have heard they are in the process of building one from Tracy City across Mont Eagle Mountain to Cowin TN.

If you pull up the hourly weather on the weather channel there is no rain for tomorrows ride and a high temp of 57. We are looking for a huge turnout!

My wife & I plan to be there. We will be riding our classic Columbia Twosome five speed tandem bike. If anyone hasn't ridden a tandem & wants to give it a try you a welcome try it out. See you there!

Dang it man!! I'll be set up at a rod show up the road in Carthage...:(
Maybe one day I will make one of these rides..you guys have fun!!

Come on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back