You guys killed it this year

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is my brown nosing post, I looked at this site for years as im sure most others have before joining. I have no form of social media whatsoever. I always looked on here for inspiration and just to waste time. Finally joining last year to buy a prewar bike actually. Since then my free time is spent browsing through here and I've actually made some good friends I talk to daily on the phone all over the country. I'm just a boring original paint bike guy so I didn't want to enter this year cause to be truthful my bikes are worth a lot of money and I wanted to keep em as is lol. But you guys, everyone of youse completly killed it with theses build offs. I can hold my own with alot of yA, but from the simple repaint builds up to the crazy built from scratch in a creepy horror movie looking barn, these bikes are a home run and so much inspiration. My daughter has looked everyday and followed this and she's 10 and is in the garage as we speak working on a 1961 schwinn I bought her. This build off inspired a whole new generation and im watching it happen with my own eyes. I've been collecting since my 20s and couldn't get my kid into this hobby but you greasy rat rodders did. So with that said I personally want to say what an amazing job everyone did. Ok with that said back to my rebellious attitude lol. Keep it greasy fellas, and ladies :)

I love your bikes. Some perfectly aged vintage rides. I too browsed the site for quite a while before joing last year to comment on a komet hub post. [emoji605]

Considering I bought my frame and a few other parts from you, I was glad for your contribution to the buildoff this year. Thanks again ;-)

I love your bikes. Some perfectly aged vintage rides. I too browsed the site for quite a while before joing last year to comment on a komet hub post. :)

Considering I bought my frame and a few other parts from you, I was glad for your contribution to the buildoff this year :). Thanks again ;-)
What's funny is I bought that bike for the build off as you remember it was mocked up in the garage haha.but you did more to it then I could've Tom. And yA only saw the bikes in the garage the good stuff is in my living room :) it was funny watching the build and seeing what you did to the bike. It's like dumping a girlfriend and then watching her date someone better then you lol you killed it man. My engine is my legs so truthfully I like your bike without the engine especially the pic you just posted.

That was at the silver state golf and CClub on the ride yesterday. Missed getting it into the finished set somehow.
Yea that looks awesome. Real pretty. I'm a neighborhood guy I keep it on the south side I got to ride to green valley to get pics that look like that. I'm sure the rich folk were looking at your bike. We gotta go for a ride before I move for sure now that I got the elgin done.

Just want to throw my 2 cents into your conversation.
Rebel I totally understand not wanting to rat rod a valuable bike,I'm no purist but at the same time I wouldn't mess with something like a '38 autocycle.
That being said,in my opinion if you or anybody for that matter want to build,cut,grind and weld. Well that's what a Murray Westport is for. Not valuable,plenty around and many many possibilities. Just remember to replace the rear hub,they're junk.

Rebel I totally understand not wanting to rat rod a valuable bike,I'm no purist but at the same time I wouldn't mess with something like a '38 autocycle.
That being said,in my opinion if you or anybody for that matter want to build,cut grind and weld. Well that's what a Murray Westport is for. Not valuable,plenty around and many many possibilities. Just remember to replace the rear hub,they're junk.
Lol actually my bike I bought for the build off ended up becoming metelcheweys lol. I can count a few builds on here I've supplied bikes or parts too lol. Trust me next year im in!!!! I haven't seen a toc build yet so I got an ace up my sleeve for next year you can count on it.

That being said,in my opinion if you or anybody for that matter want to build,cut,grind and weld. Well that's what a Murray Westport is for. Not valuable,plenty around and many many possibilities. Just remember to replace the rear hub,they're junk.
And for anyone who's throwing those rear hubs out you can throw em my way.... I love junk :grin:

Latest posts

Back