Lead Sled (Vlog 2 Posted)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just catching up on this one. I'm starting to see the flow of the bike. I love how that rear end is shaping up.
Ready to see how you build a fire breathing spark plug. FLAME ON!!

Nice video update. If I could throw in one suggestion, next time film in landscape, like a movie. Then the entire bike frame will be in the shot much closer.
Thanks for the tip. I think I will actually get my wife to hold the camera (phone). Lol
Just catching up on this one. I'm starting to see the flow of the bike. I love how that rear end is shaping up.
Ready to see how you build a fire breathing spark plug. FLAME ON!!
I think I will leave the flame-throwing to Mondo Gecko! Lol

Hey what happened with this cool build????

Well, Summer got away from me. A little too much happened and I just realized that the deadline is this weekend. I just don't have it in me to put in all nighters and throw together something halfa** in this competition. I'm super bummed out about it, but, I'm out. Maybe next year.

Good luck everbody!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I did find a sweet Hiawatha frame at the swap meet this weekend...
d55fb7585447e192914bf9fd6d9dcf14.jpg
42ce799fdc01834a72a8e27e881943d6.jpg

I threw the crank and the wheels that were going to be on the lead sled. I had a chain guard off an old Packard bicycle that had just been sitting around. I had to paint it to match the frame, so I sprayed some red oxide primer down and then misted low gloss black over it until it looked good.
6f879452ffa06d6e4b5c4c74a1da5ec0.jpg

I can probably get this to a point where I'm happy with it by this weekend, but I don't think it would be much of a competitor.
Thoughts?

I threw the crank and the wheels that were going to be on the lead sled. I had a chain guard off an old Packard bicycle that had just been sitting around. I had to paint it to match the frame, so I sprayed some red oxide primer down and then misted low gloss black over it until it looked good.

I can probably get this to a point where I'm happy with it by this weekend, but I don't think it would be much of a competitor.
Thoughts?

Well, if you aren't going to pull the wheels off it on Aug 1, why don't you use your awesome rat-ification technique you used on the chain guard and do the rims as well? I was advised to do that to my shiny bits on my BBD, and am so happy I did! Your bike is actually very cool, especially to us "rust lovers"....some great parts and frame and overall look. My 2 cents...

Thoughts?

Use your frame swap if you can and call if finished, I'd ride the wheels off that thing.

Latest posts

Back