MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 50/50 for me. Personally if it were mine id probably use the felts. But because your bike is a modern take on the Boardtracker/cafe look the other tires would work too.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Man, I think the Nomads are the winner.
Tough call, both tires actually have killer lines to them. I think I like the Nomads better because it more atypical.
I like the Nomads better, not only because they're fatter, but I bet they'd be quieter at speed and give you a wider contact patch
I've spent the majority of my life being a HOBO,and since I one day want to own this bike. I say go with the Nomads.
For me, its a no brainer. Felts! This is a cafe bike, right?
In am thinking the Felts. I like the looks of them. Also, might have a little traction if you hit mossy water while going around a corner and on the throttle.. how sticky are those nomads in water? I've never had a set?
I think the Felts look more like a motorcycle tire. It will look great with either one though. Amazing work on that tank!
I like the groovy look of the Felts, and for all the reasons mentioned in comment above me ^....! Did I break the 50/50 Fal-guy? ;)
The Felts looks better, imo.
Its 50/50 for me. Personally if it were mine id probably use the felts. But because your bike is a modern take on the Boardtracker/cafe look the other tires would work too.

Wow thanks for all the opinions guys!:thumbsup: A few really good points too! It looks like the Felts won 7 to 4 so that's what I'll be going with! Thanks again!

Lots more progress again today so I'll get right to it.

First I got my centerline ready to cut out the tunnel.

One inch top tube so one inch tape:grin:

Cut off wheel worked great, I just had to be really steady:43:

Nice tight fit:grin:

Then I finally started the seat! Thankfully it was much easier to make as I could bend it out of one piece. I think I took twice as long measuring and drawing the lines than it took to cut and bend.:crazy:

That was good enough for today so I took it outside for some nicer pics.

After I tack the seat up, Ill probably start the front fairing. But just for kicks I threw the fog light I had mocked up at the beginning of the build back on:grin: Not bad if the fairing doesn't work out.

I finally can see the end in sight! That's it for today, thanks for looking.

All the tires go on the trailer so when you get to the track you got a choice....:cool:

Carl.
Haha race prep 1+

Ha that's awesome, and so true:grin: Im really hoping to bring the bike to a track at some point to get some pics... hopefully before the next calendar photo comp...

Looks great. Do you plan on using the fog light with the fairing? Or have something else in mind?

I think san jose has a velodrome

This sucker is bad butt. Ya got my vote

Thanks bud!:thumbsup: I forgot about the velodrome! that could be a good photo spot:39: Thanks for reminding me!

Looking good!

Luke.
:thumbsup:

Really awesome!

Thanks!:grin:

Looks great. Do you plan on using the fog light with the fairing? Or have something else in mind?

Thanks! No im not gonna use the fog light with the fairing. Its just going to be a race fairing with no light...

Personally I like the look of the headlight instead of the front fairing. But I'm a sucker for huge headlights on bikes.

That's cool, I think this fog light it so nice that I need to save it for its own build... maybe next BO...

Ive been sorting out a few odds and ends on the bike so I don't have much visual progress today, but I did finish welding and smoothing the seat...

My boss was awesome enough to give me a really sweet piece of hide that will work perfectly for the seat.

So I made a little seat pan and cut some random foam we had laying around.

Now that I have the final angle of the tank and seat, I went ahead and dialed in the angles of the exhaust that was still tacked on and welded it up and smoothed it out a bit. Ill be putting the exhaust wrap back on too.

I also found a good location for the expansion bottle.

That's it for today, thanks for looking!

This is gonna be a fun 11 days!

Latest posts

Back