87 GT pro freestyle tour team model restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bike on the goodwill auction website. Problem was the bike was in Tucson I'm in Indianapolis goodwill doesn't ship. So I asked a couple friends in the area to pick up the bike. I had it all worked out but my friend was only available weekends and goodwill isn't open on weekends. I then called a cousin who lives in Tucson who I've only met once...about 7 years ago to pick up the bike. No problem he said. So I won the auction and a few days later me new project is on my porch. Now the fun begins. Four and a half months later it was finally done.
I'm really happy with the results. It's been done for a couple months now and I still enjoy looking at it. I whitened the wheels with hair peroxide. You paint the stuff on then let it sit out in the sun for a few days per side to remove the yellow. They turned out great.

Here's how the wheels looked before the hair peroxide. I did the blue bikes wheels next and they look great.

Sweet restoration love it the color is great & the wheels came out awesome . My first big bike purchase as a kid was a 85or 86 pro performer pink '& white I still miss it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet restoration love it the color is great & the wheels came out awesome . My first big bike purchase as a kid was a 85or 86 pro performer pink '& white I still miss it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
funny you mention the pink and white pro performer I actually bought the purple and white version was my first real big bike buy I think I paid like 259 for it if I remember right. I had a lot of bmx bikes this was my first "freestyle" bike and I loved it. wish I still had it

Hair peroxide will remove the yellow tint time has left on the wheels. Do an Internet search on how to remove yellow from plastic. I don't quite understand the chemical process but you paint the wheels with peroxide then leave them in the sun for a few days per side. When you're done just wash off the peroxide and enjoy. You can purchase it on ebay really cheap... $12 shipped for 32 Oz bottle.

Latest posts

Back