B0-X----- WEENIE WAGON -----B0-X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it helps to visualize, I built my wife's bike with gumwall tires and gold spray-canned rims:

IMG_0054
by Nick, on Flickr

The original sized pic on Flickr is big enough to fill your screen with just the front rim/tire if you zoom in.

If it helps to visualize, I built my wife's bike with gumwall tires and gold spray-canned rims:

IMG_0054
by Nick, on Flickr

The original sized pic on Flickr is big enough to fill your screen with just the front rim/tire if you zoom in.
Thanx The gold comes out nice.I will give it a go.Paints here are not as good as you guys get them in the USA.The rattle paint scratches off 2 easy.

Well you learn something new everyday.
We have a product here called 2-hour DUROSTICK EPOXY ADHESIVE.
As you all know my welding is pretty bad,as I have never had lesson or someone show me how to use a welder,or ever read instructions.Sometimes I weld ok then other times?
I was using car filler to fill in the pits etc,after I had grinded,but found it is constant sanding with different grits.Then I started using COLD WELD.Thats ok,but for a packet it is around 8-9 euro.
So yesterday I thought 2 mix this and try using it as a filler,takes 24hrs to cure and it is rock hard like metal.
Now I tried it again,and this time I used water to smooth it,less sanding.Even better,no need to sand in the hard to reach places...
DSCN4893.JPG
Comes in these tubs and costs 7 euro.
DSCN4895.JPG
On the left is done and sanded,but left to dry with out smoothing. On the right is my bad welding,and a ruff grind down.
DSCN4897.JPG
On the left is sanded on the right smoothed with h20
DSCN4898.JPG
DSCN4899.JPG
DSCN4900.JPG

Now here is the info specs.
Two component adhesive in putty form. It welds, repairs and seals similar and dissimilar materials, such as metals, concrete , stone and wood, fiberglass, as well as marble, asbestos, etc.It does not adhere to polyethylene and teflon. It has excellent resistance to temperature and to most chemicals.
It is very affortable in comparison with the 2-component adhesives in tubes.It is necessary for every household project, adhesion or filling. Sandable and paintable.
DUROSTICK EPOXY ADHESIVE-putty applications are practically endless in construction. Adhering concrete with steel (floor extension)for example. Moreover, it is suitable for sealing holes and cracks, seal radiator leaks as well as water and fuel tanks. It permanently repairs oil pans, car radiators and exhaust pipes. Necessary in boating and yachting. It seals washing machine drums, porcelain and ceramics (pots) etc. Necessary for plumbing, refrigeration and machine shop applications, as well as the DIY crowd.
Final color Grey
Resin color (A) White
Resin color (B) Dark gray
Density 1.64±0.08 gr/ml
Mixing ratio (Α/Β) 1:1 by weight
Workability 1 hour after homogenization
Setting time 2-3 hours at 25οC
Curing time 24 hours
Moisture resistance Excellent
Resistant to organic solvents, acids and alkalis Excellent
Temperature resistance From -30 oC to +115 oC
Water sealing Excellent
Resistance to aging Excellent
Shrinkage Negligible
Flammable No
Can be painted with any coating Yes

I use my finger to apply and smooth.

Last edited:
Well you learn something new everyday.
We have a product here called 2-hour DUROSTICK EPOXY ADHESIVE.
As you all know my welding is pretty bad,as I have never had lesson or someone show me how to use a welder,or ever read instructions.Sometimes I weld ok then other times?
I was using car filler to fill in the pits etc,after I had grinded,but found it is constant sanding with different grits.Then I started using COLD WELD.Thats ok,but for a packet it is around 8-9 euro.
So yesterday I thought 2 mix this and try using it as a filler,takes 24hrs to cure and it is rock hard like metal.
Now I tried it again,and this time I used water to smooth it,less sanding.Even better,no need to sand in the hard to reach places...
View attachment 11771 Comes in these tubs and costs 7 euro.View attachment 11772 On the left is done and sanded,but left to dry with out smoothing. On the right is my bad welding,and a ruff grind down.View attachment 11773 On the left is sanded on the right smoothed with h20View attachment 11774 View attachment 11775 View attachment 11776
Now here is the info specs.
Two component adhesive in putty form. It welds, repairs and seals similar and dissimilar materials, such as metals, concrete , stone and wood, fiberglass, as well as marble, asbestos, etc.It does not adhere to polyethylene and teflon. It has excellent resistance to temperature and to most chemicals.
It is very affortable in comparison with the 2-component adhesives in tubes.It is necessary for every household project, adhesion or filling. Sandable and paintable.
DUROSTICK EPOXY ADHESIVE-putty applications are practically endless in construction. Adhering concrete with steel (floor extension)for example. Moreover, it is suitable for sealing holes and cracks, seal radiator leaks as well as water and fuel tanks. It permanently repairs oil pans, car radiators and exhaust pipes. Necessary in boating and yachting. It seals washing machine drums, porcelain and ceramics (pots) etc. Necessary for plumbing, refrigeration and machine shop applications, as well as the DIY crowd.
Final color Grey
Resin color (A) White
Resin color (B) Dark gray
Density 1.64±0.08 gr/ml
Mixing ratio (Α/Β) 1:1 by weight
Workability 1 hour after homogenization
Setting time 2-3 hours at 25οC
Curing time 24 hours
Moisture resistance Excellent
Resistant to organic solvents, acids and alkalis Excellent
Temperature resistance From -30 oC to +115 oC
Water sealing Excellent
Resistance to aging Excellent
Shrinkage Negligible
Flammable No
Can be painted with any coating Yes

I use my finger to apply and smooth.
I've used a similar product before but not on bicycle,the only thing I wonder about is Will it hold up against a bumpy road.

I've used a similar product before but not on bicycle,the only thing I wonder about is Will it hold up against a bumpy road.
I am only using it as a filler,not as a weld...;)

As you all know my welding is pretty bad,as I have never had lesson or someone show me how to use a welder,or ever read instructions. Sometimes I weld ok then other times?

SNAP! That's me too. I've been happy enough with my welds on my previous bikes, but I'm not doing very good with SIDEBOLT. :39:

Your joins look great smoothed out with that stuff.

Glen.

Nice use of that product and water.
Looks good to me.

I have been working on getting the frame rolling.
So far I have bent 2 wheels by tripping over the beast.:(.Will sort them out soon.
I hope the axles can hold the weight?
A bolt will be welded on to one side,then a nut screwed on. Maybe in the end the axle might be welded on.
DSCN4926.JPG

Just finished restoring the vm50 2 stroke.Still needs work.
DSCN4930.JPG
It is so windy here, the wind just pushes the frame around.:crazy:
DSCN4931.JPG

Don't have much time left,have been busy working.
So not sure if it will be finished in time. But I will keep going till the end.
As they say -----
It's not over until the fat lady sings,
fat-lady2.jpg

So not sure if it will be finished in time. But I will keep going till the end.
As they say -----
It's not over until the fat lady sings,
fat-lady2.jpg

Luke.

That's it! A wind powered wiener wagon! Or at least wind assist....maybe a jib in the front that could pivot and be used to increase speed uphill? :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back