Fake vintage...Old and newer,my first BMX build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Through a trade I ended up with a GT/Dyno(maybe fake) frame,crank,etc .I had pieces and parts already and decided to build a mutt. I have never messed with BMX before.Always liked them but had never spent much time on BMX. It is not vintage but some parts are.1980s Wald bars,Murray pads, and "Free Style" seat .
20150329_123542.jpg
20150329_123355.jpg
20150329_123647.jpg
20150329_123659.jpg
I have more of them,maybe I can find and an older frame for the others to be more period correct . I know it is not much but it is a start into the BMX world.

definitely a gt frame I can tell by the rear drops .
I like the concept it looks cool.
at least you are honest about it not being vintage
vintage or not it is a sweet looking bike.
if you enjoy it and like the look I say build it and go with it.
sean

Thanks

Funny you mention those bars. I picked up a few pair of them,at the time I had no interest in BMX but I liked the looks of them. I figured I could use them on just about anything. I picked up a bunch of the Murray pad sets and some seats at the same time just in case any of the local kids wanted some .They got their fill and I ended up with some leftovers.I have another frame,if I find some wheels maybe I will build another. I also have a Person's quilted seat I was thinking of using instead of the green one. Just having fun with it.

Those bars were the hot ticket just as I was getting out of BMX bikes around '85 or so. Nice looking bike. What they looked like just before the dark days of pastel colored freestyle bikes. Just need to find a Shotgun II seat!

dont thnk the frame is gt are dyno....looks like a haro frame dont know

Finally figured out what frame that is. I have both gt and haro frame with same design. It's actually a thruster or something generic like that which I also have. Just to finally put an end to what you have.

Latest posts

Back