Night Owl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to give a big thank to Chuck for hooking me up with the new nipples.

The wheels are done, very pleased with the end result. I still have to clean the front tire and may rebuild the front wheel with 12g spokes beause compared to the rear the 14g spokes look small.

here they are

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Love those 356 tires on that wheelset!!!

Gotta be careful next time with that angle grinder! :21:

Last night was a good night I got into it and lost track of time and when I realized it was 1:10am. I did get some pictures but not a whole lot .

Great news is that I am not going to have take apart the spring assembly on the fork, I got the ride height where I’m happy with it. I test fitted the wheels and they worked out perfect a little close on the fork but it will work. I will have to cut off one of the brake guides because right now it is not allowing for the right side of the fork to be set up correctly. I will also have to cut the top clamps on the fork to allow for the spring assembly to clear since making the forks shorter has changed the angle of the spring.

Measured out the gap between the rear tire to fender and make some plastic spacers to push the fender back closing the gap around the 24” tires. I need to find some aluminum stock or metal tubing to make them out of so that I can get them powder coated.

Finally also going to have to do some more work on the fender itself making the holes a little longer so that it threads into the existing bosses on the frame. There is a dent so I’m going to try and find a fender roller to fix the dent. Any help on removing dents from fenders would be greatly appreciated.

All in all very happy and excited about where it’s going.

I have an idea up my sleeve that will be the final touch but I’m going to keep that private until the end.

I also have to go to storage and dig up more stuff to sell to finish this bad boy out.

P.S. Here are some of the pictures from last night , you will also see how anal I am about certain details. The lower tube was about 1/8 off from where I wanted it but it’s been sorted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Turned out sharp!!!!
I like the slight rake to the spring section.

This is looking awesome, what classic geometry!!!

Got home from work after having to go buy a drill press. I started to cut the top plate with an old harbor freight hole saw that could just not do it ended up having to go get a better one at lowes.

Took some time but it's done.

This bad boy is at a stand still now due to funding. Ill be sorting through storage looking for parts to sell that will fund the last few stages.

We could always have a Rat-a-thon to raise money for this build.

Latest posts

Back