Chicago Taildraggers - Southwest Suburb Ride.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Already Looking forward to a April. So, I wanted to suggest a Southwest suburb ride. The I&M Canal bike Trail passes thru Lockport and Joliet where we can visit the old Iron Works ruins and the old Stateville prison (Kevin feel free to chime in). And in Lockport, there's a lot of trading history and limestone buildings. Pretty cool picture opportunities. There's parking in Joliet and Lockport. There's a home made ice cream shop in Lockport that we can visit too. Just an idea. Let me know if there's any interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's try Saturday, May 2 in the afternoon. This way we give the weather some time to improve. Also, I want make sure the trail is dry. Let me know if it works. I'll provide more details once we decide on a date.

We can meet up after the ride for a burger at my house. BYOB to go with the burgers.

Please pass the word to other Taildraggers.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea to me also.

Not sure what happened with the previous conversation that had the address and map link. So here it goes again. We are meeting around 1pm at the parking lot of the "Illinois State Museum Lockport Gallery" located at 201 W. 9th Street...immediately passed the train tracks on the southside of the street. Feel free to call me if you need directions, #815-405-1678
We can park and jump on the trail from this location. We are going to my house after the ride for a burger. Feel free to bring your favorite beverage.
Weather is looking good for Saturday, 70 degrees.

Too late to join in this ride?

My wife an I are pretty interested, if we can get the bikes in the car.

Verrt,

You're welcome to join us. We are meeting around 1pm. There's more info and details on previous posts. Should be a fun ride.

Thank you all for coming out to Lockport for a bike ride. Turned out to be a beautiful day and a really cool ride. I regret not taking pics but I believe Pookie will post some later. We took the I&M Canal trail to Joliet but could not cross over to the Statesville prison, my bad. On our way back, we cut through one of the original dams of Lockport to get to Delleood Park. We then took side streets to get to Cool Creations, home made ice cream. It was great as usual. Wish I had taken pic of Pookie double fisting ice cream cones.

We capped the ride with a burger and a drink by my house.

Looking forward to the Tamale Ride hosted by Pookie. Make sure you save the date , May 16. Should be a blast.

See you all soon.

Last edited:
ce2277d8f3f4ccba1b1e1022b66e69ee.jpg

Walking our bikes through some rough terrain.

Last edited:
It was a fun ride lots of interesting sights and many thanks for the food and hospitality Martha and Jose.
hCBH4L.jpg
S5hFd5.jpg
jWAEX7.jpg

Latest posts

Back